1970 buzzer diode

Electrical & Ignition

1. DP78

DP78 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    I have done some research on this subject and would like some opinions on this subject. I have a 1970 roadrunner with the light group and working on getting all the relays and buzzers working. So far have everything I need, but questions have come up as far as the diode part # 2983 595. My wiring diagram for the roadrunner shows diode with negative on yellow side and on the coronet wiring diagram as with some others the negative is on the red side. I have looked and followed out the wires and they all seem to go to the same things. My question is, are the wiring diagrams wrong or is the diode suppose to be wired different on these B bodies. The roadrunner is one way and super bee is the other. The part numbers are the same for this diode regardless of platform from b body to e body. The diode I have is negative on the red side and seemed to work fine. Not sure if these came with the diode negative on yellow side, but they all carry the same part #. Any info on this subject would be appreciated. 70BelvedereGTXSatelliteRoad RunnerB wire.jpg 70CoronetB wire.jpg 70BelvedereGTXSatelliteRoad RunnerB wire.jpg

2. 72RoadrunnerGTX

72RoadrunnerGTX FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    The ’70 Plymouth FSM, shows the diode with cathode on the yellow with tracer side as does your third party Plymouth wiring diagram. Dodge wiring diagram posted is electrically wrong as it relates to the diode function. Likely a misprint.

• Like Like x 1
    • DP78

DP78 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      So I have it hooked up with the diode plug and it seems to be working fine. Since I tested the diode, I am going to agree and say that the diagram is wrong. If anyone else has any other feedback please jump in and thanks.

• mccoymail

mccoymail Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      3:41 PM
      Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I'm in need of this diode. Does anyone have a source or a P/N, or better yet, does anyone have one to sell???

• hawkeye

hawkeye FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Here is what you need to make your own.

3792143-diodes001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Suregrip391

Suregrip391 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I have one somewhere, will need to find it. If interested let me know and I'll dig it out.

• mccoymail

mccoymail Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Thanks

I'm going to try to make it first. If I have problems, I'll give you a shout.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.