• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 buzzer diode

DP78

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
I have done some research on this subject and would like some opinions on this subject. I have a 1970 roadrunner with the light group and working on getting all the relays and buzzers working. So far have everything I need, but questions have come up as far as the diode part # 2983 595. My wiring diagram for the roadrunner shows diode with negative on yellow side and on the coronet wiring diagram as with some others the negative is on the red side. I have looked and followed out the wires and they all seem to go to the same things. My question is, are the wiring diagrams wrong or is the diode suppose to be wired different on these B bodies. The roadrunner is one way and super bee is the other. The part numbers are the same for this diode regardless of platform from b body to e body. The diode I have is negative on the red side and seemed to work fine. Not sure if these came with the diode negative on yellow side, but they all carry the same part #. Any info on this subject would be appreciated. 70BelvedereGTXSatelliteRoad RunnerB wire.jpg70CoronetB wire.jpg70BelvedereGTXSatelliteRoad RunnerB wire.jpg

The ’70 Plymouth FSM, shows the diode with cathode on the yellow with tracer side as does your third party Plymouth wiring diagram. Dodge wiring diagram posted is electrically wrong as it relates to the diode function. Likely a misprint.

So I have it hooked up with the diode plug and it seems to be working fine. Since I tested the diode, I am going to agree and say that the diagram is wrong. If anyone else has any other feedback please jump in and thanks.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I'm in need of this diode. Does anyone have a source or a P/N, or better yet, does anyone have one to sell???

Here is what you need to make your own.

3792143-diodes001.jpg

I have one somewhere, will need to find it. If interested let me know and I'll dig it out.

Thanks

I'm going to try to make it first. If I have problems, I'll give you a shout.

Auto Transport Service
Back