• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger. Help me decide.

yalpngulp

Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 70 charger and quickly realized the whole front end is a 69. The seller claims it was a rare factory thing they did but I doubt it. The goal with this car is to get the most value out of it. it is a base model b5 blue, blue interior, 318 auto car with AC. The plan is to put a 4-speed and 440 in it.

I want to know if it will hurt or help the value by leaving the front end the way it is, or should I try to obtain the 1970 parts?

Seeing as there's so many General Lee fans I may be able to find a trade.

The car is originally B5 blue, I was thinking about plum crazy with maybe rt stripe and hood blackout, but then I will have to change the interior . How much impact would this have on the value?

The value of the car is in the eyes of the person buying it. You paid x for it and then you saw the 69front clip. Now if it is a rare car did you pay rare car price does the VIN tag show it. Or has the front end been put on after a crash and is it repainted. Now I would put a 70 front end on it and sell it recoup your money and move on.

Good luck finding 70 parts. It isn't a numbers car or a R/T, just leave it and enjoy.

Its not unusual to see front sheet metal swapped around on second generation Chargers. Why it was swapped is the question,was it because of a crash,or because a previous owner prefered a different year Charger? It shouldn't be too hard to find a person who would want to swap noses,as most prefer the 69 nose,I personally prefer the 70 nose myself.

Leave the 69 front clip, paint it Orange and put 01 on it. Get your money back and possibly more and find what you want. IMO

Just put a go wing on it. Tell the next inquiring buyer the same thing. “ A rare factory thing. “ A super rare 500k 1969ish-70ish Dodge Daytona and the factory forgot to put on the nose piece. Cha ching

Last edited:
When I bought THIS in March 2000....
1J.JPG
1KK.JPG

My plan was to change the front end to a 1969 style. I grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard and although I had no intention of ever painting this car O R A N G E, I liked the '69 front end better.
It didn't take long before I really started to appreciate the 1970 design. Within a month, I totally abandoned the idea of a swap. I love this style. I love it so much, I recently bought another one. If I were to buy another to keep, I'd get a '68. The open style grille looks amazing to me.
Back on the original topic:
You will find that fenders, hoods and grilles for the 1970 are harder to find and a LOT more expensive. The grille is supposed to be being reproduced soon but a complete one is expected to retail for $2000. Fenders? No new ones at all. Carbon Fiber can be found for over $2500 EACH! I don't know of anyone making fiberglass stuff but if I did, I'd be tempted to get fenders and a hood for the car above. The stock hood weighs a lot.

B5 is a very popular color. Hard to go wrong.

Plum Crazy can be polarizing.

Auto Transport Service
Back