• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger Rear Brake Hose

Islandkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys. A quick question. Brake line from front to rear 3/16" correct? Hose to rear end fitting 1/4" Doesn't add up?? Could I have wrong hose? Factory screw up?? C-Body? I don't think so. Could it be a front hose? It was sold as rear brake hose 13 1/8 long.
First picture is of the brake line running back to the hose connection at the bracket. You can clearly see the difference. The second picture is of a 1/4" brake line nut threaded in. What gives? Any Ideas? Don't really want to put in a step up adapter.

0.1875 fitting.JPG

0.25  fitting.JPG

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Can't find original hose tonight, but the original line is hanging up out in the shed. Might have to go out and find out for sure. Thought it would be just a matter of threading the hose in after supper. I figured I would ask to see if it was a simple as that wrong hose. I used my google foo to try and find out what size the hoses are but no luck, just lengths.

I just looked that hose should be for a 3/16 flare nut. Who's hose is it? Its either the hose or find a 1/4 nut for 3/16 tube and reflare it. Myself get the hose.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Can't find original hose tonight, but the original line is hanging up out in the shed. Might have to go out and find out for sure. Thought it would be just a matter of threading the hose in after supper. I figured I would ask to see if it was a simple as that wrong hose. I used my google foo to try and find out what size the hoses are but no luck just lengths.
More Information for SUNSONG 2204174

Thanks pnora! I see on the specs it say 3/8 in---7/16 out. So would that translate to 3/16 line in??

Just came in from the shed. It's definitely has the 3/16 fitting on the end of the original line. Yes, must be a factory reject or they put the wrong hose in the wrong bag or something like that. Yeah I picked it up at Nartional Moparts here in Canada a few years ago so I don't think a return would be a option.

0.1875 proper line.JPG

Yep, Easier just to pick up another hose. Thanks again for the quick help pnora! :thumbsup:

I guess at that time I wouldn't of known the difference. Hell I didn't know until about three hours ago. lol But you are right Leo. Best to check things out before buying. I'm find myself doing that more and more often these days.
Oh boy. I might be in for a big surprise. I purchased a complete power disc brake conversion kit at the same time. :praying:

Auto Transport Service
Back