• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger RT hood turn signals?

Option

Charger R/T Option Codes

Below we have listed each Option Code, the number of 1970 Charger R/T's built with this option (if known), the % of 70 Charger R/T's built with this option (if known), the $ price of that option in 1970 (if known).

A01 - Charger Light Package 4676 built 49.9% $34.70 Standard with A47 SE Package Glove Box Light, Trunk Light, Map Light, Ashtray Light, Ignition Light with Time Delay, Lamp On Reminder Buzzer, Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators

Source:
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Production/RT_Codes.html

My '70 XH had metal block off plates. This is the only car that I have seen that did not have the lenses.
Kooky.

XH 400.jpg
XH 401.jpg
XH 402.jpg

All of my 70 Chargers have always had the turn signals. Seems it is more rare to be without them.

Half almost I honestly have seen tons of Chargers and never those plates . Maybe you just don't notice them because you expect to see lights ?
Those plate are worth thousand they are so rare - lol .

Half have them as part of the package. No telling how many have them as stand-alone L31 option - it could well be the other half!

My '70 has the light package, so I'm no help with the standalone option :D

Mine did not come with the hood turn signals. I had the plate on them. I converted mine to hood turn signals because I think there are neat.

I have two hoods that had plates in them but I put the signals in the one on my car.

What does R/T have to do with it? XH, XP & XS all had hood light indicator options.

Auto Transport Service
Back