• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 charger vacuum can location?

Harry Williams

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 charger with 383 and ac i bought as a basket case. I am about 70 percent back together and am stumped where the vacuum can Should mount. I did get one with the car and there is two vacuum lines coming out of the firewall. The short one goes to the water valve but the other hose is long enough to make it to the core support almost. I have seen people say maybe under the battery tray but there isnt a bolt hole configuration that matchs the can. My first post all help appreciated. Thanks Harry

Picture of the can might help. Chargers in 68-69 had the can under the battery tray. 70, I thought were there also. The cans under the battery tray were better than twice the size of the ones on the firewall.

Picture of the can might help. Chargers in 68-69 had the can under the battery tray. 70, I thought were there also. The cans under the battery tray were better than twice the size of the ones on the firewall.

The big vacuum can on 68-9 Chargers was for the headlight actuators... But the A/C canister did mount under the battery tray..

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 9.41.18 PM.png

Wild RT, that is exactly what my can looks like so will have to look under battery tray again. Does the hosethat goes to the engine go to a direct vacuum port or somewhere on the carburetor. Thanks again

The fitting on the back of the manifold where power brakes (Assuming you have power brakes) connect should have a small vacuum connection...

Auto Transport Service
Back