• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger windshield wipers

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
I need to put the heater/defroster box in my project, Jigsaw but before that, I want to install the windshield wiper linkage.
It is missing a few parts...

JF 7 (2).JPG

I was able to buy a set of "wiper transmission" linkage this weekend but still need a RH wiper arm. Looking at the arms on my red car Ginger, the left and right look the same. Are they?
The pivots feel a bit stiff. They will need gaskets too. I suppose that I can soak them in some type of penetrating oil. As far as the gaskets, who is the "go-to" source for those?
Thanks!

JF 2.JPG

I've straightened out worse!

JF 3.JPG

The worst part is near the quarter cap. Besides that, it is just an illusion of the crappy spray can primer job.

JF 1 (2)_LI.jpg

A few dings to flatten out including the one above the wheel opening.

I recently rebuilt the wiper linkage arms. The cowl gaskets, pivot seals & pivot link bushings were purchased from Detroit Muscle Technologies. My wiper pivots were also stiff. I’ve read where others have drilled the pivot casing & used a zerk fitting to inject grease. I was able free mine up by working them with WD40.......Jim
8B3FBEE4-A5E6-4A46-A7B4-E240D04DE2EF.jpeg

The left and right pivot arms on my '70 Charger are marked/stamped "15B".

Both of my wiper arms measure around 13-3/8" to 13-1/2 from the (splined) pivot point to the slight dogleg near the wiper. Very difficult to measure, but the part numbers on both wiper arms are the same. Part number is on bottom side of arm down near the splined pivot.

However, the metal housing that hold the rubber wiper blade are different lengths.
Driver side metal housing length: 15"
Pass. side metal housing length: 14"

15B

Driver

IMG_20211025_181734120.jpg

Passenger
IMG_20211025_182117120.jpg

PIVOT ARM

Driver p/n: 3082026
IMG_20211025_185832494.jpg

Passenger p/n: 3082026
Difficult to read (trust me, same p/n as driver p/n)
IMG_20211025_190903312.jpg

CLOSEUP (all info)
Screenshot_20211025-192703~2.png

Metal Blade Housing

Driver (15" measured)
IMG_20211025_181640039.jpg

Passenger (14" measured)
IMG_20211025_182452783.jpg

Last edited:
That is great! Thank you very much!

One of my pivot arm's where froze solid. The other was stiff as all get out. I soaked them in vinegar one part and three parts water for a few day's and keep checking them. Once freed up took JB blaster and you should have seen all the junk that came out of them. They work fine. Nice project car. :thumbsup:

When installing wiper arms, are they indexed?

My wiper arms are off the car and I do not see an indexing slot?

Are they indexed and its there and I'm just not looking hard enough?

I just want to make sure they go on in the right position before flipping the switch.. thanks in advance.

Jeff

Switch the switch on and off first. When in the off/home position mount wiper arms in the down position. Right?

Auto Transport Service
Back