• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet Hood Seal position

benbuilder

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 coronet. The seal at the rear of the hood was missing. I found one in a junkyard with rusted off clips. I found the clips on line. From the indents on the rubber, I can see how they are installed on the rubber. I am not sure how it goes on the car, meaning which direction. I cannot find any pictures. I did find this picture on line, but I don't think it is correct. Is it?

Thanks

superbird seal.jpg

That is the way it is on my '68 Coronet. The new one I installed used the original as the basis so that is how the original one was.

OK. Thanks for the help. What was throwing me off was this new seal for sale and it has the clips on the other side. Maybe this is for a different vehicle, but I believe it said it was for a 70.

View attachment 492550

So the new one I bought the clips were NOT installed so who ever did this to take sales shot installed them the wrong way around :). I am also not seeing this seal on the DMT website....

Auto Transport Service
Back