• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet / Super Bee Front Bucket Seat Foam Replacement

Jarhead71

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Working on replacing the seat foam and seat covers in the 70 Super Bee. Legendary sent us these foams. I think they are for a Charger. I know they don't make a specific foam for the Coronet front buckets, but I don't think I can make these upper Charger foams work. I think I can get the new bottoms to work, but that will be a chore. My main concern with the new charger foam is the upper headrest area seems too shallow. I don't see how that will work. What have you guys had success with? Appreciate the help.

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

Your original foam looks reusable. I started with foam in about the same condition. Some 1/4" and 1/2" quality high density foam to fill and firm up the needed areas helps the covers really fit well. 3M super 70 to attach the foam and install your covers.

IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg

Your original foam looks reusable. I started with foam in about the same condition. Some 1/4" and 1/2" quality high density foam to fill and firm up the needed areas helps the covers really fit well. 3M super 70 to attach the foam and install your covers.

View attachment 1436956View attachment 1436957View attachment 1436959View attachment 1436960
That's a good idea. Looks like it work well for you. I'd feel good doing something similar to the ours. The pictures I posted are the passenger side. Unfortunately the drivers side is in much worse shape. Your original foam is slightly different. It's crazy how many different seat designs Mopar had just in the 1970 year. No wonder they don't reproduce them.

Auto Transport Service
Back