• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Charger (automatic) Brake Pedal Assembly Diagram or Photo

matchek

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi my 1970 Dodge Charger has soft brakes. My mechanic said the front brakes are new and he just installed new rear drums and shoes. Says the pedal is still soft. Now that the brakes are new, he said the brake padel assembly pivot is "egg shaped" and not touching something and anyway, he wants me to look into getting a new brake assembly. Does anyone have an opinion on this and also have a picture of this part? I have seen someonline with a large hold that is oval shaped and some that is circular in shape. Also does this fit the 68-70 Chargers? Thanks!

Power disc?
power drum?
manual brakes?

are these factory type parts or some upgraded GM disc brake BS?

Power disc in the front I believe. Power drums in the back. Front brakes newish.. rear drums new. I believe they are stock..

Hi my 1970 Dodge Charger has soft brakes. My mechanic said the front brakes are new and he just installed new rear drums and shoes. Says the pedal is still soft. Now that the brakes are new, he said the brake padel assembly pivot is "egg shaped" and not touching something and anyway, he wants me to look into getting a new brake assembly. Does anyone have an opinion on this and also have a picture of this part? I have seen someonline with a large hold that is oval shaped and some that is circular in shape. Also does this fit the 68-70 Chargers? Thanks!
The pivot hole should be round.
It sounds like you have a few years
worth of wear goin' on there.
Since these pedal assemblies (OEM)
are no longer manufactured, the best
fix is to drill the hole to round and
sleeve it with a machined brass
or steel sleeve. Make two and keep
one for a backup.
I've done this with mine and it works
well.
The wallowed out hole is affecting