• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1970 driveshaft 318/auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took one out of a 1970 b body 318 ,904 with a 8 1/4 rear not sure if it is the same
doesn't look like it will work. different "stem" diameter

drive shaft.jpg

Chris, You are on the wrong path with the parts book. If you need a 'driveshaft' ie a propellershaft you need to spec lenght and U joint size. That is all. The PB 3-31 describes rear gear pinion shaft diameter. It does not determine the flange U joint size. yes it related, but not the key bit of info needed.

I took one out of a 1970 b body 318 ,904 with a 8 1/4 rear not sure if it is the same

Just like Desotoman wrote... I have few nice used driveshafts here, but they came out of cars with the 8.25 rear. I am sure, that if you measured from the axle centerline of an 8.25 to the C of the u-joint on the yoke, the length of the 8.25 would be longer in length, vs the 7.25 rear. As far
as the rear u-joint in the 7.25 rear it would be the small joint (7260). I myself have never seen a 7.25 rear come stock in a B-body car like the original poster needs. All the ones we have parted, have been 8.25 or 8.75 rearends

Chris, I have one from a 67 Coronet 318 car, not sure if that works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back