• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 FY1 Top Banana Paint Formula

70sixpkrt

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have the paint formula for Centari FY1 Top Banana paint formula? 1970 Charger. Thank you.

Centari yellow.jpg

Take the can and have them scan what’s left in the can if possible or on the lid ...they use a hand held scanner that does pretty good if there is some in there , if not get many small samples for spray out cards as I’ve seen lots of variations and it may depend on the fella mixing it.

I miss Centari !

Yup.....back when Dupont could still cross reference your paint code. now it seems they basically tell you to F off and good luck. I have had zero luck with both local paint distributors on most colors I need through the Dupont line. My buddy found a few codes through their low line Nason stuff, but they are far and few between. PPG seems to be the only one left to cater to the old colors for our rides. I have also had some luck with the Martin Senior line from Napa.

If your trying to color match, good luck. It's gonna take some trial and error time. If your just going to do a full paint job you might check these folks out.
I bought the SS1 Sunfire yellow kits for my 68. The base and clear spray out sweet...

TheCoatingStore-Com(1).jpg

Our Products >> Classic Restoration Colors >> '68 - '73 Dodge Charger Colors >> 70 Dodge Charger >> 1970 Dodge Charger, Bright Yellow (#Y1), Car Kit
1414435269277-1235945469.jpg

Click To Enlarge
1970 Dodge Charger, Bright Yellow (#Y1), Car Kit

Price:$345.99
  • Item #: 1970-DODGE-CHARGER-Y1-CKIT
* Marked fields are required.
Reducer Option: *
UC Series Clearcoat: *
UA Series Activator: *
Qty: *

Base%20Clear%20Car%20Kit%20Shot(1).jpg
219.jpg 210.jpg 211.jpg 214.jpg

Last edited:
For what it is worth I will be spraying PPG Deltron Top Banana/Lemon Twist this Monday if all goes as planned. You can check out the color then if that is your concern. Just let me know and I can send you pics.

Good luck on spraying it hope it matches , sprays well! Not being a smarty pants either!

Auto Transport Service
Back