• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX Door Windows Rattles to Hell - No Brackets ???

musictoyz

Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Guys I need some help, 2 years and I am driving finally, looks great !!!

Buttt

The car sounds like a bucket of bolts, because who ever took the window frames out in the doors for paint, put them back and never put the hardware on the bottom ???

Does anyone have a diagram of how they secure, all I have is the window frame and a stud sticking up from the bottom of the door...everything else is in a body shop from the previous owner - GONE !!!

ALso if someone HAS this hardware....I am a buyer...before my ears explode

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !

Tony’s parts has the bracket your missing that is attached to the division channel. This bracket slides down on the stud you speak of but unfortunately the bracket was originally spot welded to the the division channel. So you will need to either weld on the new ones or use some quality panel bond to reattach them.

https://www.tonysparts.com/b-body-parts
About halfway down the page

Do you have a picture? I may have some extra pieces.

VentWindowBrackets_300dpi_white.png

Do you mean these? I am missing passenger side one too

And after you get that bracket welded on and back in the door, make sure to put a piece of foam or felt between that and the round rod that rides in it. Otherwise you will still have a rattle.

Like Joel said above for the rod. I have found shoe laces work great for that just cut off the ends and slide them on!

Guys...

Thanks to BeeKeeper I called Tonys.. he had the bracket and stud. The kit comes with a wax showlace to wrap on the post...and the bracket comes with 2 small screws that attach it to the window frame....

I think it will be here by weekend I will report back THANK YOU

Auto Transport Service
Back