• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX inside hood latch?

Mark Pifer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1970 GTX. I'm looking to convert from a outside hood latch to a inside hood latch due to bad guys opening my hood without any trouble. I know a old fashion chain and lock can slow them down but I would like to install a inside hood latch.

Has anyone done this already? What hood latch did you fined worked. I see were some of the guys on c-bodies and e-bodies have discussed it but not on b-bodies. I didn't know if the 1971 or later satellite body with the inside hood latch could work on a 1970 satellite. Perhaps with some modification done?

Thank you for any insight on this.

Many years ago I had a 71 Challenger. I put a hood latch from a 73 Fury III with the inside release cable. Worked like a charm. Only short fall was that the secondary catch would catch on the mounting tab for the cable. I just had to bend it back a little and it worked fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back