• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX seat track ID

LJR 70

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Need to be schooled up on seat tracks before Carlise.
Have 1970 GTX and am working on getting the seats working properly. Purchased what turned out to be 68 bucket seats and recovered to match 70 but the tracks are to tall. How do I know when I have correct tracks in my hand ? Apparently the 68s and 70s look a lot alike.
Any info or spread sheets are welcome, how many different combs are there for B body's ?
How different are the seat frames from 68 to 70 ?
Also including a pic of rails I would like to ID, maybe E body
Thanks to all

unknown rails

rails.jpg

Unknown rails.jpg

None of what u have in the picture are from a b body

Here are one set of the B body rails that I have.
Could the first pictures of rails be for E body,
Tks

68 B body rails.jpg

No idk what them tracks are out of

The actual seat frames are the same for 68/69. 70 is a whole different frame for the high back and how the latch system works.

Meet some great people at Carlisle that were well versed on seat tracks. Basically the 68 69 has a double hump opening at one end and the 70 has a C shaped opening. I was able to find correct tracks and now over to paint forum to figure out best way to paint them. Great time at the show, don't think I have ever seen so many Superbirds in a row

Auto Transport Service
Back