• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Gtx trunk lid emblem placement

Kris70gtx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with the trunk emblem on my 70 GTX. It appears to be the original trunk, all the colors etc match with the original but the gtx emblem is in the wrong spot. Did some GTX's come without the trunk badges and someone added one to this car? Looking inside the trunk the best I can I can't see any filler coming in, so it doesnt appear someone filled in the holes from where the emblem is supposed to be. It has me stumped, let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

20190616_162028.jpg

Does this help?
upload_2019-6-17_10-32-17.png

Original location as per holes...although this new emblem is a self adhesive, and the holes were filled in.

Yeah that definitely helps, thank you! Not sure why the emblem is in the wrong spot, I suppose the trunk lid could have been replaced at some point with a matching lid off another car.

Auto Transport Service
Back