• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Road Runner limelight

Status
Not open for further replies.

68383GTS

Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
63,500 mile unrestored,matching numbers,4th owner,383,auto,with many options.
$21,000 with the ralley wheels or $22,000 with the Torque Thurst II wheels and the ralley wheels. I have found another car I must have so this one needs to go....Located in Illinois Jim 309 822 0398

Look at another post on here of a car for 3500-5000,and that will tell you.With out pictures its hard to say.But you cant get mch for 6000 today.383,3speed,were standered,air grabber a +,if its all there.

More Pics

Here are a few more pics.......

R1-14.jpg

R1-15.jpg

R1-16.jpg

R1-24.jpg

R1-27.jpg

The engine bay and interior is all original.I did replace the carpet other than that the interior is all vintage 1970..And the engine and transmission have never been out of the car and other than maintance type parts voltage reulator,belts,battery,starter it is all vintage 1970.
ter

I had two diffrent offers for more than my asking price.Both Guys told me they wanted to make a Superbird clone out of it.I was also was going to trade it for a 68 Charger I was in the final stages of the deal and the Guy slipped on told me he was going to make a Superbird out of it.WTF whats wrong with a satellite for a Superbird clone.If you tell me you are going to make a Superbird out of it I will NOT sell it to you!
Thanks,jim

I will take 20K with the original ralleys and Bf Goodrich tires
OR
21K with the Ralleys Bf Goodrich Tires and Torque Thrust II's and BF Goodrich tires.
Jim 309 822 0398

What??????????

Some idiot was going to take an original RR (in damn good shape might i add...) to make a clone??? They should be strung up buy their b@lls!! :mob: if that car was a 4-speed, it wud have been in my garage already! :grin:

but you love my car..

Whyyyy.....yes....yesIdo:grin:

I keep thinking things will work out so I can snag it, but life has been putting up quite a fight. Duster should have been (more or less) finished and gone by now, but it still sits, waiting for the new seat covers to go on, and reassembly to begin.

Interested in 70 Challenger trade?

Nice Road Runner. I have a 1970 Challenger 340 (A66) B5 Blue all numbers matching w/ build sheet and fender tag. 112K one repaint very original in similiar condition to your Road Runner. Any interest in a potential trade?
I would NOT be wanting to make a Superbird clone out of it.....

I build wingcars out of some pretty nice cars. My Daytona clone was a 69 Charger R/T SE triple black car. I can put it back to original in about three days. So, in my opinion, no harm done. Most of the guys building Superbird clones don't bother changing the back glass so the conversion back to original is even easier. Simply unbolt the bird stuff and bolt on the runner stuff. Weld up six holes in the quarters and it's back to original.
I'm trying to sell some nice cars and the economy is crap.
I was offered 40K for my 71 Cuda clone two years ago and now I'm having trouble getting 28K.
I say sell the car to the first guy that offers you good money and then put all of your attention on the new car. That's just my opinion.
Good luck on the sale. And, I mean that sincerely.

I am sorry to hear you did that to a triple black Charger R/T.Yes you can put it back to original but I just could not do that to a car.Plus I really don't like wing cars anyway.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back