• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner airgrabber hood for sale

What would you pay if you were looking for this part?

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • under 200

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zale9440

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner air grabber hood. Good overall condition. Missing vacuum actuator and bracket. One small area of rust where hood hinges mount.
Listed on Ebay for 3500 but looking for offers will make a deal! Item number 230730965809.
Located in Bowdon GA but willing to meet anywhere on I-20 between Anniston AL and Atlanta GA.
Can anyone tell me if I am in the right ball park with what I am asking?

Attachments

• ebayjan12 017.jpg
    ebayjan12 017.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4,177
  • ebayjan12 019.jpg
    ebayjan12 019.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,466
  • ebayjan12 031.jpg
    ebayjan12 031.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4,213
Can anyone tell me if I am in the right ball park with what I am asking?

imo
you are about 3 years too late to the party...
you will be lucky to get half that now
there is one that has been for sale for months for 1850.
i did see at one time, one of them top out at 4k on ebay!
but who knows if the auction was legit or not.
i only keep an eye on them because i have a nice one
stashed away myself.
good luck with the sale....

I see lots of them at Mopar Nats and Carlisle for $1200 - $1500 but usually not with the underhood accessories but in better shape.

Air Grabber

just got one complete, near perfect condition $1450

imo
you are about 3 years too late to the party...
you will be lucky to get half that now
there is one that has been for sale for months for 1850.
i did see at one time, one of them top out at 4k on ebay!
but who knows if the auction was legit or not.
i only keep an eye on them because i have a nice one
stashed away myself.
good luck with the sale....

I agree 3 years ago before the repops we out these hoods were bringing $2500 + all the time. Now you are looking at about 1/2 that if you really want to sell it.

I'm pretty sure I saw one of these for 1500 at Carlisle this past year IIRC

I think in today's market you are a little high. Is it worth the asking price? Only if there is a buyer needing it or willing to pay the asking price. I have a 1970 coronet or superbee hood that I will sell also but not really pushing it because I don't think there is a buyer for it right now, so I just keep it in the garage. It doesn't eat anything Soooo. Maybe you could do the same, if you don't need the money. I am, and sure you are ,someone who tries to get the best deal possible,nothing wrong with that. Don't mean to highjack your thread just trying to put some insight into it for you and others.

To Sell or not to Sell???

I think '70redbee" has hit the nail right on the head! It`s all based on the old "supply & demand". You can`t blame the guy for trying to get the best buck he can because once it`s gone ,he`s not in the game :headbang: , anymore, unless he has something else to sell.
Three years ago in needed a air grabber hood badly, to do a slight mod. Found a complete one with the rib work on the inside completely rotted. Paid $1,000.00. Some said i was bonkers, :icon_eyes: but i turned it into this.

Good luck with your sale!

Attachments

• 00000 003.jpg
    00000 003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,847
I got mine for 1100 with every thing with it and no rust. I got the air box,air cleaner, hoses, switch, canister, cylinoyd and the autuater so I think I done good. Ronnie

Thanks guys I lowered the price to 699.00 but I still have no interest on ebay so I guess back to the garage it goes.

Wow!!

$699 :eek: WOW!! I wish i was doing another 70 Charger hood! :iroc: That`s a DEAL!!

I know this is an old post, but would you happen to still have that hood?
If not does anyone know where I could find one?

Get on ebay and buy a repop for a third of the price of this one.

His last asking price was $699, which seems like a good deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back