• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner dimensions

70BeepBeep

Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would any of you happen to have a correct dimension of how far the firewall and the radiator core support sit apart?

Also looking for inner fender to inner fender dimension near the radiator core support for proper fit..

I am about to replace mine, but afraid my core has been hit and poorly repaired thus the dimensions will be off a little when putting the new back on.

Pics would help tremendously so I can see where you measured from.

Thanks!

DSCN0127 (1)-1.JPG

If somebody dosent chime in we have a satellite in the yard thats untouched. Let me know.

On my 1970 Roadrunner, VIN RM21NOE if that matters. It's a factory 383 car, auto trans and 26" radiator. Firewall and Core support are totally stock - never removed (core support) from what I can tell.

39" from just above the electrical connector on the drover's side to the inside of the core support

30.5" between the fenders measured at roughly the first spark plug (the one toward the front of the car). This is a hard dimension to get accurately as the engine is obviously in the way. I eyeballed it. My 440 RB (not the factory engine) with Schumacher headers has a single header pipe on each side which is the closest thing to the fender, and it has probably an inch and a half on either side - pipe clearance to fender. In other words, in the stock location, a 440 with a moderate sized header fits between the fenders with 1.5" or more clearance on either side.

Is that helpful?

I'll get photos and I realized that you asked for fender NEAR THE CORE SUPPORT. Standby.

Photo 1 shows the width at the best place to measure behind the core support. Reads 42.5"

IMG_5237.jpg

In photo 2 I PERFECTLY cut off the tape measure where it reads 39" at the core support. Just lucky I guess, but you can see where I measured.

IMG_5236.jpg

FWIW the clearance from the header to the fender at the number 1 plug is, for my setup, about 1.5" on the pax side and more than 3" on the driver's side. Almost 4". That's where the steering box is, and the engine is NOT centered in the car. It's toward the pax side of center. You can see the driver's side in both photos.

Last edited:
Grabinov911,

That is perfect!! Thanks mate!!

Cudajunction, I appreciate the willingness!

You lads are awesome!

:bananadance::drinks::thankyou:

Auto Transport Service
Back