• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 roadrunner/satellite/gtx latch support screws

Chris Many

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys, my car came to me dismantled without most of the hardware. I can't seem to identify the correct selftapping screws/bolts that go on the latch support circled in the attached picture.

Can anyone with a 70 roadrunner/satellite/gtx please post a couple pictures of their bolts for me ? I need to see the heads and a nice picture of the thread end.

I don't trust any of the repo kits to have the correct bolts and once the car is painted I can't undo the mistake very easily.

thanks Chris

grill support.jpg

1/4 -20 thread. About 3/4" length. 7/16" hex size. Will have about a 5/8 or 3/4" free spinning captive washer.
Odds are head markings will be either an anchor. An N or maybe a series of circles

1/4 -20 thread. About 3/4" length. 7/16" hex size. Will have about a 5/8 or 3/4" free spinning captive washer.
Odds are head markings will be either an anchor. An N or maybe a series of circles
Though your description is correct. I really need to see the bolt to make sure I have the pointed end correct as there are several repo variations that just aren't right.

Auto Transport Service
Back