• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner

wannadrag

Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Well i did some trading today and brought this home.Should keep me busy and the pockets empty for a while.70 Roadrunner,came with a fresh 440 4 spd.Guy kept the hood but included a minty bulge hood.Will need 1/4s and a trunk lid.For a WI car i cant believe how solid the bottom side of it is.Had been sitting inside the last 15 to 20 years,the guy wasnt sure.Was a original F5 383 4spd so nothing real special.

Attachments

• 19908105-848-1970-plymouth-roadrunner-project-saletr.jpg
    19908105-848-1970-plymouth-roadrunner-project-saletr.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,077
Cool car. I guess I will be the first to ask if you are going to make it green again. I wish I could find myself another project that solid.

1st thing is firing the engine up to see how well it runs.Day or two so of work to get it ready.After that start cutting and welding.

Wow Jay.....Slowly converting over to all Mopar eh? LOL. Nice looking 70'. Congrat's! Enjoy her....

Wow Jay.....Slowly converting over to all Mopar eh? LOL. Nice looking 70'. Congrat's! Enjoy her....

Never completely convert over,keeping the 2 65 Nova's.I am happy for the moment.The 64 for a driver and this 70 to keep my pockets on the light side.

so did you trade your other 70 for it? or just curious what did you trade for it and of course congrats on the new project

so did you trade your other 70 for it? or just curious what did you trade for it and of course congrats on the new project

Traded the T roadster hot rod for it even up,had less than $2000 in the roadster so it was pretty much a no brainer.This RR came from and spent its life here in WI but had been parked since the 90s.

wow!! a trade like that ,i'd do it in a heartbeat too.

Traded the T roadster hot rod for it even up,had less than $2000 in the roadster so it was pretty much a no brainer.This RR came from and spent its life here in WI but had been parked since the 90s.

That was a pretty cool looking T roadster hot rod. I was impressed when I seen it. Just had a certain look. Gotta love the "old school" rods. Those nova's you got are pretty nice as well. Sure don't see too many of the earlier year ones like you got.

Well got started today drilling spot welds in the trunk pan,fun stuff.lol Was just gonna replace the bad section in the center but said the heck with it and am going to replace it all.Heck of a lot less welding doing it the right way.

Remainder of the spot welds drilled and done and old pan gone,and man there is alot of them in the trunk.Next ,need to repair a couple areas on the inner wheel wells and a couple spots in the rear crossmember.

Didn't get to the patches yet but did get the pan halves fit and drilled for welding.Pans are raw steel so i did get the bottom sides primed also.Got all the old spot welds ground off.Hopefully next weekend i'll get the patches and and the pans in.Not much to look at but here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• MVC-051S.JPG
    MVC-051S.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 808
  • MVC-052S.JPG
    MVC-052S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 828
Nice Hi-Jackers! Have not seen one since 1989 :icon_winkle:
Had them max pumped on my 68 RR due to wrong offset on the wheels.
I also had a hi-jackers decal with a rabbit if I remember right?

Nice pictures by the way, I will soon walk that way too, got a new AMD trunkfloor just waiting to be welded in place, will buy a new cutter first...

1970 RR are a real cool car!
(by the way, 1970 must be the best year ever:sunny:)

Keep posting pictures!

Auto Transport Service
Back