• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR am radio

moparmusclecars

Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Gonna be on the hunt soon for a radio for my dash. What all fits for the RR? 70 Coronet the same? Charger the same? I was thinking there was several that were the same that would fit. Rounds knobs, i'm sure. I have no bezel to go by, so.....Did they ever put a thumb wheel in a 70? Mine had a AM/Fm thumb wheel installed when i got the car. OFC it had no radio bezel then. last of vin 163103.

i have 2 very early 70 road runners with thumb wheel radios that are original

1970 B body AM or AM/FM radios were one year only.
AM/8 tracks were 68-70.

g229b.jpg

How would i know if my thumb wheel was original to my car? Production number? production date of car?

How would i know if my thumb wheel was original to my car? Production number? production date of car?
The only thumbwheel radio that came in a 1970 B body was an AM/8 track.

An AM/FM thumbwheel would not be original in a 1970 B body.

Radio date code info:
https://www.mmcdetroit.com/Date_Codes/date_codes_04_l.html

i have 2 very early 70 road runners with thumb wheel radios that are original

I don't doubt this, but it's the first I've ever heard of this. Never say never I guess. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The only thumbwheel radio that came in a 1970 B body was an AM/8 track.

An AM/FM thumbwheel would not be original in a 1970 B body.
my buddy has a survivor and its a thumbwheel all three cars were built in the first 3 weeks of production I'm guessing they just used up the inventory on them but all 3 were am/fm

Radio date code info:
https://www.mmcdetroit.com/Date_Codes/date_codes_04_l.html

I don't doubt this, but it's the first I've ever heard of this. Never say never I guess. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back