• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1970 RR Carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Hager

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I need a 1970 RR Carb
Looks Like I'll never find a original but I need something to run the car
Holley
The car has the four hoses going into the tube in the trunk and a Air Grabber Hood

I have a California built 1970 383 Air Grabber Road Runner. California cars came with Holley carbs with a vent. I believe the original Holley carb for my car should be a 4217-A, which is for a manual transmission 383 car with the C.A.S (Clean Air System).

Your car sounds like it is also a California car. If it is, then it uses a 3 port oil breather cap and has one line connected to the vapor return line, another going to the carb vent, and the third going to the air cleaner.

I have a service replacement Holley 4749-1, which is proper for the car and has the vent. My car is now fuel injected and I most likely will not return the car to stock, so I might be willing to part with the carb. It has not been used in 5 years or so, but has been in dry storage since then. I would expect it needs to be pulled apart and cleaned, although I did drain it before I stored it so you never know.

Let me know if you might be interested and then I can get pictures, etc.

I have several 70 383 holley Roadrunner carbs
do you need stick or auto? Cal or 49 state?
$250. each and really nice. We used to race a 70 383
Stock Eliminator.

And your air grabber attaches to a 3-port vacuum fitting on any intake. It's an extra little nipple on the fitting where the brake booster attaches to get vacuum.

I have a California built 1970 383 Air Grabber Road Runner. California cars came with Holley carbs with a vent. I believe the original Holley carb for my car should be a 4217-A, which is for a manual transmission 383 car with the C.A.S (Clean Air System).

Your car sounds like it is also a California car. If it is, then it uses a 3 port oil breather cap and has one line connected to the vapor return line, another going to the carb vent, and the third going to the air cleaner.

I have a service replacement Holley 4749-1, which is proper for the car and has the vent. My car is now fuel injected and I most likely will not return the car to stock, so I might be willing to part with the carb. It has not been used in 5 years or so, but has been in dry storage since then. I would expect it needs to be pulled apart and cleaned, although I did drain it before I stored it so you never know.

Let me know if you might be interested and then I can get pictures, etc.

Im Interested!! Let me know what and how much. Also interested in a picture if you have on the oil cap, I was missing also..
Thanks Rick

I have several 70 383 holley Roadrunner carbs
do you need stick or auto? Cal or 49 state?
$250. each and really nice. We used to race a 70 383
Stock Eliminator.

Im Looking for Cal, Carb for a STICK
Rick

And your air grabber attaches to a 3-port vacuum fitting on any intake. It's an extra little nipple on the fitting where the brake booster attaches to get vacuum.

I picked a carb, But now we are looking for that Vacuum port and the right valve cover breather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back