• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR rear rim size

Crash520

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, as there is no sticky on this, I’ll ask, will a 15x10” rim fit on a 1970 RR with say 295’s fitted? Without mods or do I need to do fender lip mods etc?
If they will do they run the standard 5.5” backspace that a 15x10 has?

I've got 15x10's with 295's on a '69 Bee with NO trimming! However, I had them custom made with 5.0" of back spacing. IIRC 5.5" of backspacing caused the tire bulge to hit the leaf springs.

I've got 15x10's with 295's on a '69 Bee with NO trimming! However, I had them custom made with 5.0" of back spacing. IIRC 5.5" of backspacing caused the tire bulge to hit the leaf springs.
Hmm, I have a B body diff with std b body Spring pads and use a 15x10 295’s with 5.5” bs and no issue, mind you it’s barely a 1/4” of clearance but it doesn’t rub, I wonder if the fender lip is similar on the RR

15x10's will fit, but the issue will be the backspacing. 5.5" will not work on my 69 RR, I had to order custom backspacing. Maybe you will get lucky as all these cars are a bit different....

Auto Transport Service
Back