• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite rally vs non-rally 3-speed wiper switch

Chris Many

Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
So my 1970 Satellite Conv project is almost completely back together and I am powering things up for the first time. I am working on electrical issues. mostly grounding related. I did learn something new, I have a 3-speed wiper (original), and a 2-speed wiper switch. I guess that is not surprising since the dash was out of the car when I got it and I probably have a different lower dash panel than the one that came with it.

While shopping for a 3-speed switch I am reading in the ads that the repo 3-speed switches and the rebuild ones all say they fit "1970 rally dash". My car has a non-rally dash. So, what is the difference? Can't be electrical. Is it the finish on the switch? Chrome vs Satin. Or is there something about the body of the switch which makes them mount to the specific dash type?

I really need to know the answer to this before I spend a lot of money on "this muffler".........

-Chris

As far as I know the switches are the same fit and function. But I think 1970 had the satin finish. What finish do your other switches have?

I think I am all set now. The rally and non-rally switches are different only in the finish of the switch. Non-rally is satin PN:2947920 and rally is the older chrome one PN: 2864014. I found one on fleabay, so hopefully it will all work out. sucks that I have to pull my dash a part to change the switch........

wiper switch PN.jpg

I think I am all set now. The rally and non-rally switches are different only in the finish of the switch. Non-rally is satin PN:2947920 and rally is the older chrome one PN: 2864014. I found one on fleabay, so hopefully it will all work out. sucks that I have to pull my dash a part to change the switch........

View attachment 1456564
You should be able to get it replaced from behind.

Did you get this handled?
You can use any of the '68-'70 B body 3sp switches, and '69-'71 C body 3sp switches. Swap the knob (held in with a roll pin) from your 2sp to the 3sp (minor trimming on the inside sides MAY be necessary).

Auto Transport Service
Back