• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee ****

2 years ago tooling down the freeway. I looked up ahead and saw a burnt orange older car's taillights that looked Mopar. I hit the gas to catch up. I pulled up on the side of a guy's '68 bee. I pushed in my clutch so to hear his engine. It sounded as a stock (at least stock exhaust) 383. I looked over and gave him a head nod. He stuck his nose up at me in discust. I thought to myself. What a jerk. How often does a '69 GTX pull up on your side on the highway in 2018? I slapped her down in 3rd and let him feel the 440 pull away hard from him.

Since then I have not liked that Super Bee cat face front end. I wondered if maybe he had a bad experience from a Plymouth and its owner at some time? Dismissing that thought as "Thats not possible. Plymouth owners are good people. Unlike Dodge. Thats just science!"

2 years ago tooling down the freeway. I looked up ahead and saw a burnt orange older car's taillights that looked Mopar. I hit the gas to catch up. I pulled up on the side of a guy's '68 bee. I pushed in my clutch so to hear his engine. It sounded as a stock (at least stock exhaust) 383. I looked over and gave him a head nod. He stuck his nose up at me in discust. I thought to myself. What a jerk. How often does a '69 GTX pull up on your side on the highway in 2018? I slapped her down in 3rd and let him feel the 440 pull away hard from him.

Since then I have not liked that Super Bee cat face front end. I wondered if maybe he had a bad experience from a Plymouth and its owner at some time? Dismissing that thought as "Thats not possible. Plymouth owners are good people. Unlike Dodge. Thats just science!"
That's why sometimes I feel like a "jerk" and sometimes I feel like I'm a good person - science.

60892437490__2BBD8D73-72A2-4D5C-A64E-A4B32C7913B8.JPG
61000003259__6E1BCD82-F3E6-48CF-998F-D464C9BA7C09.JPG

Funny, I bought a new sticker for my "six pak"
and put it on without realizing there is a difference between a Dodge and Plymouth.View attachment 1051458
Too bad we don't live near each other. We could trade. I have a 440 six pack decal on a Cuda. In my defense it was on my Charger before I did a shaker hood.

That's why sometimes I feel like a "jerk" and sometimes I feel like I'm a good person - science.

View attachment 1046154 View attachment 1046155
Yeah, I didn't think I would get anywhere starting a "Plymouth vs Dodge" debate here on B-bodies? Lol. Unlike GM. Chevy guys don't like Mopar. But their true enemy is Ford. Not sure what happened there way back? But it had to involve family members or something? I'm not much of a Ford guy either. But I'm not going to post Fords on fire? Saying "The only good Ford is....."

Last edited:
I LOVE that it's a V-Code, as is my 70 Roadrunner. The hood on your car, from what I understand, has no real fresh air intake capabilities? Certainly not from the factory. It's a very nice looking setup, but I added a N96 hood and Air Grabber to my Roadrunner. Have you ever thought of doing that for your car? Looks like the scoops ON it could be made functional!

I LOVE that it's a V-Code, as is my 70 Roadrunner. The hood on your car, from what I understand, has no real fresh air intake capabilities? Certainly not from the factory. It's a very nice looking setup, but I added a N96 hood and Air Grabber to my Roadrunner. Have you ever thought of doing that for your car? Looks like the scoops ON it could be made functional!

Correct the hood is non-functional. I really love the power bulge hood. The N96 hood is cool as well. The car is an original painted roof car as well.

Correct the hood is non-functional. I really love the power bulge hood. The N96 hood is cool as well. The car is an original painted roof car as well.

I keep the N96 hood on my car only because that’s what it came with. The bulge hood is one of the coolest hoods ever made!

Auto Transport Service
Back