• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 tail panel resto-coronet

6packMIKE

Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
I have been making some progress on my resto. Finally got it started the other day. Sounds sweet. I'm just waiting on some stuff from legendary and a few little things here and there. One of the things I forgot to post on this site is the tail panel I restored. I think it turned out well and goes well with the car. Not traditional I know. But anyway. It had to strip it back to bear metal a couple times, but I think I got it now. A buffing wheel, a steady hand and a lot of time helps. I picked up a couple more panels and will be restoring them when I have time. Whenever that is. So we will see how it goes. enjoy. I know how you guys like pics.

P1010340.jpg

P1010343.jpg

Nice job, didn't you post the resto process on a Coronet forum?. Someone did and I have it saved on my home computer to follow when I get to mine.

yes that's me. Good luck if you do yours. take your time. If you mess up you can always do it over like I did. Chances are you will do a better job the second time around.

I guess I should have posted some pics with it on the car. Here is a couple.

Tailpanel2.jpg

tailpanel4.jpg

Yep........Can't wait to see that with the whole tail back together.........it's gonna blend really nice me thinks.........

Great work. :grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back