1970 tail panel resto-coronet

General Discussion

1. 6packMIKE

6packMIKE Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    I have been making some progress on my resto. Finally got it started the other day. Sounds sweet. I'm just waiting on some stuff from legendary and a few little things here and there. One of the things I forgot to post on this site is the tail panel I restored. I think it turned out well and goes well with the car. Not traditional I know. But anyway. It had to strip it back to bear metal a couple times, but I think I got it now. A buffing wheel, a steady hand and a lot of time helps. I picked up a couple more panels and will be restoring them when I have time. Whenever that is. So we will see how it goes. enjoy. I know how you guys like pics.

P1010340.jpg

P1010343.jpg

2. detmatt1

detmatt1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    Nice job, didn't you post the resto process on a Coronet forum?. Someone did and I have it saved on my home computer to follow when I get to mine.

3. 6packMIKE

6packMIKE Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yes that's me. Good luck if you do yours. take your time. If you mess up you can always do it over like I did. Chances are you will do a better job the second time around.

I guess I should have posted some pics with it on the car. Here is a couple.

Tailpanel2.jpg

tailpanel4.jpg

4. 69 Runner

69 Runner ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)

Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    sweet

5. Pastortom1

Pastortom1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yep........Can't wait to see that with the whole tail back together.........it's gonna blend really nice me thinks.........

Great work. :grin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.