• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger unidentified hole

Turboflite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
I clearly marked every hole and this too, but now I can’t read what I wrote ‍♂️
The holes in the circle, the small one have threads. Locate just below the clutch pedal.
Any one know? 440, 4-speed, SE with HH.
Thanks
F5359658-35E5-45A4-BA9E-B6DA6D297ADC.jpeg

Highbeams switch?

I don’t think so, the high beam switch has a 3 pig connector to the main harness.

I could not find anything installed this low on the bulkhead.
1679863791772.jpeg

Your pic is interior correct? Kinda looks it.

The best I can tell from the blurry pic is that we are looking inside at the firewall, below the column and brake booster, and the hole in question is on the left side of the floor pan below the seam. Correct? If not the highbeam switch, it must be for the machine gun activator.

The best I can tell from the blurry pic is that we are looking inside at the firewall, below the column and brake booster, and the hole in question is on the left side of the floor pan below the seam. Correct? If not the highbeam switch, it must be for the machine gun activator.
Yes, that’s correct, I’m starting to leaning towards the rare machine gun activator option.
Less blurry pic.
6D6391AF-A91F-4759-827F-AF440A248DBF.jpeg

The location is correct for the dimmer foot switch, should be two #10 self-tapping machine threaded screw holes present there. Appears one hole has been enlarged for some reason. They are technically in the floor pan not the firewall, one of them is over the frame rail behind the small floor support bracket.
The dimmer holes are further to the left, and holes are vertical to each other, you could vaguely see them on the last pic.
I think this must be some creative solution for something else.

The dimmer holes are further to the left, and holes are vertical to each other, you could vaguely see them on the last pic.
I think this must be some creative solution for something else.
Yea, you are correct, just went out and verified the switch is further outboard, up on that step. Your pictured holes I don't believe are original.

that’s well under the carpet. Not a original hole from my experience.

I thought it was cool to see how the six way seat brackets are mounted in that one picture

OK carry on , machine guns and whiskey - Sounds like a party

It appears to be right where the brace is on the back(bottom)
Where it says parking brake;

Screenshot_20230326_201045_Chrome.jpg

And is that body plug hole missing?

I thought it was cool to see how the six way seat brackets are mounted in that one picture

OK carry on , machine guns and whiskey - Sounds like a party
Because of the bucket seat brackets, I think the pic is the underside of an Ebody or possible a (70 B ?). The 71-4 B's had the bucket seat bracket on the inside of car and the 6-way seat brackets don't sit flush to the floor pan at the inward seat bolt location, they require a spacer. At least that is how my car is.

Auto Transport Service
Back