• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 cowl vent screens

plumgtx

Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
I am restoring my 71 gtx that sat probably 20 years outside. I ordered nice used set before I recieved my car thinking the ones on my car would be trash. After drilling almost every screw out to get my originals off, that luckily I will be able to use again, I held them up the others I bought and noticed my originals dont have the tabs on them and never did. When I bought the screens most all said 71-74 screens and all that I have seend have the tabs or broken tabs. It looks like on my cowl there are spots for the tabs but the original screen was not made with tabs. I would post a pic but my droid doesnt let me drag the pics go figure. I guess my ??? Is are my original screens that I pulled off my car just realearly versions that did not come with the tabs? The screw holes pin up perfect on both sets of vents also

there are 2 different kinds
screw in and clip on
i believe the screw in was in early cars and then they
switched to the clip on in the middle of production at some time.
did you ever get my pm ?

Anyone sell the correct 1971 B Body screws for black plastic cowl vents ?

Yes my 1971 Superbee came with screws - December 1970 Build
My factory original plastic cowl vents do not snap in place
Sounds like a late production 1971/1972 transition

Anyways

At some point I replaced with Stainless and trashed the factory originals

I found some 1971 E Body cowl vent screws , and they are black phosphate 1/4" nut driver type head screws ?

My 71 b body mid to late prod. has tabs

The E-body ones are kinda close but the originals have a flat head. Here are the originals on my 71 SE Late August build. I recently parted out a early January car with the same screws. Both Lynch Rd cars.

IMG_1777.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back