• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Dodge Charger Hemi 4spd (Not Mine)

wow, a hemi 4 spd but no tach?
Factory wheels were trashed for mags on day 2. Sun super tach was added on steering column on day 3. Exhaust manifolds were trashed for headers on day 4. etcetera, etcetera

This was written as a reply in the comments section...

couple things i like to mention i speak with original owner ( alive and well ) routinely …. dodge produced 31 1971 dodge charger super bee hemi cars in total,, 22 automatics and Only 9 4 spds ever produced,, this is 1 of the original 9 , it was chryslers hemi swan song end of a racing legend , This is 1 year only super bee production on a charger platform extremely rare , only 4 known to exist in the world today and this is the only red one in the registry 1 of 1

These adds don't always stay up forever.

1971 Dodge.jpg

1971 Dodge Ch.jpg

1971.jpg

197.jpg

19.jpg

1971 Dodge Red.jpg

I appreciate all the work that went into such a restoration and it seems they did their homework to make it "correct", But I question every ones desire to install dog dish hub caps on these cars, and with the trim rings too??? Correct??? I believe the options would have been rally wheels, road wheels or wire wheel covers, It appears that none of these options are on the window sticker. What would have been standard if none of the options were selected? I am sure some were ordered with the cheapest option if the owner planned to install after market wheels....

I appreciate all the work that went into such a restoration and it seems they did their homework to make it "correct", But I question every ones desire to install dog dish hub caps on these cars, and with the trim rings too??? Correct??? I believe the options would have been rally wheels, road wheels or wire wheel covers, It appears that none of these options are on the window sticker. What would have been standard if none of the options were selected? I am sure some were ordered with the cheapest option if the owner planned to install after market wheels....
I think the standard wheel was steel.

The whole steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps thing is overdone into the nines! They were ugly back when the cars were new,and were immediately replaced with day two mags. They called them dog dish hubcaps because they actually used them for dog dishes! I don't ever remember seeing one of these cars in the eighties that still had them on it. Some still had Magnum wheels or rallye wheels, but the dog dish hubcaps were long gone. That said, the cars is cool.

This car came from factory with 15x7 steel wheels and G60-15 Polyglas GT tires. Steel were standard, that’s why there is no wheel option listed on the window sticker.

The whole steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps thing is overdone into the nines! They were ugly back when the cars were new,and were immediately replaced with day two mags. They called them dog dish hubcaps because they actually used them for dog dishes! I don't ever remember seeing one of these cars in the eighties that still had them on it. Some still had Magnum wheels or rallye wheels, but the dog dish hubcaps were long gone. That said, the cars is cool.
If you had seen my 71 Challenger in the 80s you would’ve seen the steel wheels on it. It had steel wheels on it from factory to my selling it, which at the time had been 28 years.

1972 options, albeit mostly shown Plymouth
but a lot were the same for Dodge too
Rim Mopar Dodge Plymouth 1972 options page_15.jpg

Good Year advert. (1968) with the Polyglass GT
& "Road Wheel", better known as Magnum 500
the org. had no trim rings, until later, like the 71's had
Rim Magnum 500 Good Year Polyglas tire Advert. #1.jpg

Wouldn't mind having this one. Already at 100k, 6 days left on this to bid.

BRING A TRAILER LINK
Very Cool Car
I'm not a fan of red, but I'd love to own that car
I have no extra room or the extra $100k+ it will bring either
to spend on a collector car

thanks for sharing

This car came from factory with 15x7 steel wheels and G60-15 Polyglas GT tires. Steel were standard, that’s why there is no wheel option listed on the window sticker.

Of course STEEL wheels were standard but the question was what wheel covers would have been on the standard steel wheel??? I worked in Chry- Ply garages from '69 to '70 and installed many dog dish caps. They were always on low cost 6 cyl Barracudas , Valiants, Belvederes. etc. The higher end cars always came with full wheel covers, rally or road wheels,,,,,

Back in the mid to late 70’s, all the muscle cars had mags of some sort in my area. Cragar S/S, Fenton slots, or later Center Lines.

I used to own a 1969 hemi Roadrunner.
And after talking to the 1st owners family. That cars original steel wheels and redline tires lasted only a few months before it got deep dish Cragers all the way around.

Same wheels were on it when I bought it back in the early / mid 80s .

Auto Transport Service
Back