• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 GTX Rocker Moulding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crahill39

Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking to find out where I can get these and about how much I will need to save for a set in fair to good shape?

Thanks,

Craig

used only,not easy to find,they sell fast.
i've seen them for 800-1200 a pair

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was afraid of. I had a set, but got ripped off while I was out of town.

I got a set for my 1969 Coronet R/T that was reproduced by a company. I want to think it was Metro Parts or something like that name.

I looked up extruded aluminum shapes and was amazed at the number of different ones. You would think it would be possible to reproduce the mouldings.

i have a set of 74 charger rocker moldg car was a se one has a big dent 200.00 picked up dracut mass , car was low miles in garage for over 20 years

Good luck with finding these moldings and you better have a thick wallet. I'm in need of wheel lip moldings for my '71. I know they're re-popped but don't know about the fitment of them and usually on back order. Even those are spendy

I have a set off of a 71+. It had the premium interior package. One is good other is bent. They are the wide flat type.

I have a set off of a 71+. It had the premium interior package. One is good other is bent. They are the wide flat type.

Thanks for the offer. I am making this GTX a pro-tour style resto, so I may just skip the moulding altogether and add some form of protection in the paint, much like they do on new cars these days for the rocker area.

That's a shame that your moldings "walked". They looked to be really nice ones in the Ebay ad from a while back. Were they stolen from your home or the body shop? IMO, they really set the look of a '71 GTX. They make the car appear to be more slender and just look plain cool.

.......... They make the car appear to be more slender and just look plain cool.

I agree, the rocker moldings on a 71 GTX changes the whole look of the side view of the car. They are very hard to find, but you will be glad you shelled out the added coin in the long run.

That's a shame that your moldings "walked". They looked to be really nice ones in the Ebay ad from a while back. Were they stolen from your home or the body shop? IMO, they really set the look of a '71 GTX. They make the car appear to be more slender and just look plain cool.
Out of my own shop out in the country along with a few other tools and things. Pretty common out here and lesson learned to keep the dogs out when I am gone.

I agree, the rocker moldings on a 71 GTX changes the whole look of the side view of the car. They are very hard to find, but you will be glad you shelled out the added coin in the long run.

We will have these available around the end of May.. expect 425.00 a set

Looking to find out where I can get these and about how much I will need to save for a set in fair to good shape?

Thanks,

Craig
Can you post some pictures of what they look like. Are these it ? & if not could any one tell me what they are for

GARAGE FIRE ROCKER MOLDING 042.JPG GARAGE FIRE ROCKER MOLDING 043.JPG GARAGE FIRE ROCKER MOLDING 042.JPG GARAGE FIRE ROCKER MOLDING 043.JPG

Last edited:
We will have these available around the end of May.. expect 425.00 a set

Ok, but do your homework as in the fit and finish of them. Here is a link to other so called repopped or "OE correct" when it comes to after market parts https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/pos-aftermarket-part.150007/#post-910935504, just saying. No, I'm no bashing your product in any way or that you want to make money. It just gets frustrating that parts don't fit, finish is off, foreign made, etc. Then the consumer has to spend more money just to send it back.

Ok, but do your homework as in the fit and finish of them. Here is a link to other so called repopped or "OE correct" when it comes to after market parts https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/pos-aftermarket-part.150007/#post-910935504, just saying. No, I'm no bashing your product in any way or that you want to make money. It just gets frustrating that parts don't fit, finish is off, foreign made, etc. Then the consumer has to spend more money just to send it back.

if they are the ones being done by Metro
check them over really good for sure
as they do not have the greatest rep for having the most accurate parts..

if they are the ones being done by Metro
check them over really good for sure
as they do not have the greatest rep for having the most accurate parts..

I'm finding that out the hard way now, Flypaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back