• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1971 GTX, Tawny Gold/Ember Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

steved033

Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 GTX for sale. Asking $58k.

Could use new headers.

RS23U1G car. 440 (non-matching '67 HP block, 727) +.040, forged crank, 440 source pistons, rods, heads. Comp retainers, comp 268HE cam, Performer RPM. FAST fuel injection, Aeromotive Fuel tank. Interior all new from Legendary, I just finished the console (not pictured here)

Factory AC car, AC not installed.

More info on request. PM me here for a phone number. Currently in the Atlanta suburbs.

Steve
GTXGCRcruise.jpg

IMG_7034.JPG

Pictures of the 12 years I've owned it:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=T3BRYUdLaExFd2VjSzZhejFDOGVKUVM0WkhrLW13

Last edited by a moderator:
Per some requests for more details:

It's a 1967 HP engine block. The original engine is long gone, I bought the car as a shell. Forged crank, Comp 268 Hydraulic cam, Edelbrock RPM intake, 440 source stealth heads with Comp locks and retainers, 440 source pistons .040 overbore, 440 source H-beam rods. FAST fuel injection, new aeromotive fuel tank with internal pump added on 8/30/2020

727 trans has been rebuilt with Cope and Transgo parts. B&M 2400 stall converter. it's awesome and works right in the rev range the cam likes. Summit racing cast deep sump pan on the trans.

Hooker comp headers. I'll be honest with this. They do not really fit right. They touch the torsion bars. I can live with it, but it should be addressed. It's one of the issues I have with it besides the trans. I debated for a long time about putting a tubular front end in with coil overs, but just never found the time/money.

factory 3:23 rear, 8 3/4 sure-grip works great.

Cop rallye wheels and dog dish centers. Tires are getting aged out. 7's in front, 8's in back.

SSBC 4 wheel disc brakes. This was the best upgrade. I have the parking brake hardware in a box. All my boxes of parts and spares and hardware will come with the car.

I have a build sheet but no fender tag.

I changed to a hemi style power booster for the brakes.

The interior is the correct color ember gold, dark gold carpet, everything is new from legendary. the seat backs could use some touch up.

I just put in a fresh valley pan to address a sneaky engine oil leak.

The bumpers are powdercoated silver with a topcoat clear that seems to have cracked with age. it's not really noticeable until you're a couple feet away. AMD sells brand new chrome ones.

The headlights are sealed beam, all other lighting is LED.

The glass is new, and the correct tint for a car that was optioned with airconditioning. I have a modern AC compressor for it, but it's in a box (included). Heater controls need to be hooked up, heater box got a full disassembly/rebuild with DMT foam kits.

I can get detailed pics of anything you'd like to see. The car is a color correct restoration with upgrades for safety and reliability.

More pics coming this weekend.

Steve

Here's pictures taken a couple hours ago. It's been sitting for a few months, but started right up, no big deal...runs awesome.

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

Thanks! I just wanted to update that the transmission is rebuilt. It was the front seal, but now has a fresh seal kit, new steels and frictions, and Transgo TF-2 kit.

Trans sealed and shifts great.

sjd

Last edited:
Huge shout out to CRT (Cope Racing Transmissions) for the TF-2 and the rebuild kit (seals and steels). Wow! What a car. Power is instant, the shifts are perfect. I might have to keep it now.

It's funny how something can be functional, but not "right". It's right now.

sjd

If you can't edit your original post you can add new information to the thread by just posting it. What are you wanting to change?

I wanted to remove the line about the transmission leak now that it's fixed.

sjd

I wanted to remove the line about the transmission leak now that it's fixed.

sjd
All you have to do is ask. Fixed!

LOL! post #2 as well?

sjd

LOL! post #2 as well?

sjd
Done. I even mention the transmission being rebuilt with Cope and Trans go parts from post #5.

Done. I even mention the transmission being rebuilt with Cope and Trans go parts from post #5.

Awesome!!! Thanks!

sjd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back