Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steved033

steved033 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    Contact Seller
    1971 GTX for sale. Asking $58k.

Trans has a leak (likely the torque converter seal, I have a new one, just haven't had the time), could use new headers.

RS23U1G car. 440 (non-matching '67 HP block, 727) +.040, forged crank, 440 source pistons, rods, heads. Comp retainers, comp 268HE cam, Performer RPM. FAST fuel injection, Aeromotive Fuel tank. Interior all new from Legendary, I just finished the console (not pictured here)

Factory AC car, AC not installed.

More info on request. PM me here for a phone number. Currently in the Atlanta suburbs.

Steve
    GTXGCRcruise.jpg

IMG_7034.JPG

Pictures of the 12 years I've owned it:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=T3BRYUdLaExFd2VjSzZhejFDOGVKUVM0WkhrLW13

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • steved033

Local Time:
      Per some requests for more details:

It's a 1967 HP engine block. The original engine is long gone, I bought the car as a shell. Forged crank, Comp 268 Hydraulic cam, Edelbrock RPM intake, 440 source stealth heads with Comp locks and retainers, 440 source pistons .040 overbore, 440 source H-beam rods. FAST fuel injection, new aeromotive fuel tank with internal pump added on 8/30/2020

727 trans has developed a leak. I think it's at the pump seal around the torque converter. That's the worst problem. I have a seal for it, but just haven't pulled the trans yet. B&M 2400 stall converter. it's awesome and works right in the rev range the cam likes. Summit racing cast deep sump pan on the trans.

Hooker comp headers. I'll be honest with this. They do not really fit right. They touch the torsion bars. I can live with it, but it should be addressed. It's one of the issues I have with it besides the trans. I debated for a long time about putting a tubular front end in with coil overs, but just never found the time/money.

factory 3:23 rear, 8 3/4 sure-grip works great.

Cop rallye wheels and dog dish centers. Tires are getting aged out. 7's in front, 8's in back.

SSBC 4 wheel disc brakes. This was the best upgrade. I have the parking brake hardware in a box. All my boxes of parts and spares and hardware will come with the car.

I have a build sheet but no fender tag.

I changed to a hemi style power booster for the brakes.

The interior is the correct color ember gold, dark gold carpet, everything is new from legendary. the seat backs could use some touch up.

I just put in a fresh valley pan to address a sneaky engine oil leak.

The bumpers are powdercoated silver with a topcoat clear that seems to have cracked with age. it's not really noticeable until you're a couple feet away. AMD sells brand new chrome ones.

The headlights are sealed beam, all other lighting is LED.

The glass is new, and the correct tint for a car that was optioned with airconditioning. I have a modern AC compressor for it, but it's in a box (included). Heater controls need to be hooked up, heater box got a full disassembly/rebuild with DMT foam kits.

I can get detailed pics of anything you'd like to see. The car is a color correct restoration with upgrades for safety and reliability.

More pics coming this weekend.

Steve

• steved033

Local Time:
      Here's pictures taken a couple hours ago. It's been sitting for a few months, but started right up, no big deal...runs awesome.

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

• Like Like x 4
      • steved033

Local Time:
        Here's the Interior:

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

• Like Like x 2
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.