• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 Numbers Road Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstrike

Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Front.JPG
2nd owner 71 roadrunner, EV2 Tor Red, 383 HP Road Runner Engine, Power Front Disc Brakes, A727B Torqueflite, interior hood release, rear defroster, AM Radio, Black Console Buckets, White Canopy roof (currently Black Canopy roof). Currently being painted. Currently has built for fun 383 HP, Demon 650 three barrel (not the numbers engine) with headers (I haven't built the numbers engine yet). Suspension, Brakes, Exhaust (with machine Gun tips). Recent frame off restoration, don't like paint job, too much to write, will talk about this car. Chrysler Registry Documented number 16 of 32 known to exist, heavily documented. No doubt the real deal. 48K finished, talk to me for as is. For sale several options.These pictures are not current, they were taken just after the frame off body work and 1st paint. The next to last pic shows the undercarriage as it was being stripped.
Front.JPG
Drv side 2000 tight before.jpg
RR Pass side.JPG
NOTE: Shop pictures 002.jpg engine bay front.jpg

Last edited:
How do you take the body off the frame of a unibody car?
I wrote "frame off body work" That is when the unibody is put on a rotisserie and cleaned, sanded, scraped, sandblasted, dipped and cooked to bare metal. I did not remove any part of the frame box work from the uni-body, I did remove the engine, transmission, interior components, wiring, doors, deck lid, hood, fenders all glass, bumpers. wheels and tires, suspension. Then I rebuilt the suspension, an engine, the transmission, recovered the seats, put in new carpet, reinstalled the wiring, had the IP cluster, the IP bezel, dash insert restored and installed, the dash pad restored, the console restored, the hood hinges rebuilt and installed a new stripe decal kit made, new 500 wheels and T/A Radial tires (including the spare). New wiring harness' except for the tail light harness (restored it). Hope this helps you to understand the phrase"frame off body work". I forgot to mention every part on this car is either OEM, NOS, rebuilt or a modern re-pop.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you won't post current pictures ?

Here are some more current pics, before I removed all bright work. I now have my Road Runner in my paint booth. I can get some more pictures of her in the paint booth if you want.

Drivers side quarter 1.jpg Drivers side view 1.jpg front header panel 1.jpg Pass side front 1.jpg Pass side header panel 1.jpg Pass side hood, fender 1.jpg Pass side roof dutchman panel 1.jpg roof dutchman panel 1.jpg

Last edited:
Confused about Registry 16 of 32
What in that color or vinyl or ?
Maybe my Tawny Gold is worth more than I thought

Confused about Registry 16 of 32
What in that color or vinyl or ?
Maybe my Tawny Gold is worth more than I thought
From the factory it was EV2 with a Black bucket, console deluxe interior and a white canopy vinyl roof. The car and all of the options made it 16 of 32 known to exist. I have the Chrysler Registry Letter.

Is the letter from Govier or from Chrysler...just curious because supposedly they did not keep track of production numbers. Good luck w sale! I love my 72 EV2.

I met a guy who had a 74 charger. .govier supposedly looked at it at a car show and gave him this big speel about how it had a real 375 horse 440 from the factory. .i have seen the car. .it was just a 360 car that someone put a 440 in. .govier doesn't know crap about 71 and up cars in my opinion
that's why i'm curious as to who wrote the letter stating production #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back