• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 Plymouth GTX - (1 of 327 440, 4-Speed Cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

69 Charger 500 Fanatic

Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
440 - (not the original block - 9-27-67)
Radiator - (not original)
4-Speed - (numbers match)
Dana Super Track-Pak, 4:10
Air Grabber Hood
Power Steering w/Cooler
Power Disc Brakes
Bucket Seats
Console
Rim Blow
Vinyl Top - (originally)
Triple Green
Wheel Well Trim
Rocker Moldings
Fender Mounted Turn Signals
Dual Sport Outside Mirrors
Hood Pins w/Lanyards

Fender Tag Reads: Two Fender Tags:

N41 N42 N96 R11 V7X
J45 L31 M21 M25 M 1
B51 C16 C55 D58 G36 J25
V1F U A01 A04 A34 B41
GF7 P6F7
L86 D21
RS23U1G******

Reluctantly......I am turning loose of my GTX. I really wanted to hang on to it as a part time daily driver while making upgrades but real is real and I simply do not have the time to devote to this car. To many other irons in the fire but whoever ends up with this car is going to have a very cool driver while restoring or full restoration car.

This is such a fun car to drive.....but as I mentioned.....no real time to devote. Hoping it goes to someone who will care for it and have fun driving it!

This is an extremely, structurally solid car to work with. Before I bought this car, it has spent most of its life in Alabama then in Georgia. The frame rails are in outsanding condition. The floor pans (left & right) have had 3 sections repaired with sheet metal instead of the correct floor pan material but these area's can be repaired correctly without having to replace entire the floor pans. The trunk pan is about 97% all there. Scaly on the surface and may be able to be saved with repairs but until it is sanded down to see what is actually there, I'm not 100% sure.

Originally a vinyl top car and there are some area's that are trying to push through the paint so it needs to be sanded down and addressed. There is bondo in the lower portions of the fender dog legs, the lower 1/4 panels BUT.......from what I have seen in a few area's, this bondo was not used only to repair rust holes, it was shamefully used to fill dents so all is not lost.....grind it out and make the repairs correctly.

It has been painted twice since it was built. The inner fender wells are great except for the area at the battery tray but was patched. The under side of the deck lid lip will need metal repair/replacement but the top side is great! The bumpers are nice and straight. Good chrome on both except some pealing on the rear bumper.

I have almost 300 pictures of practically every area of this car so there are no, nor will there be any surprises!!! The seat covers are original and feel like they are 40+ years old but still look somewhat presentable.......

The wheels & tires currently on the car do not belong to and will not go with the car as they belong to one of our other cars. The wheels that do come with this car are the original 14" road wheels.

Recently updated mechanical issues are as follows.

New Brakes All Around:
Turned Rotors
New Calipers
New Brake Pads
Turned Drums
New Brake Shoes
New Brake Hardware
New Wheel Cylinders
New Brake Hoses (front & rear)
All New Brake Lines (all around)
New Master Cylinder
New Front Wheel Bearings
New Seals All Around
New Axle Seals
New Axle Bearings
New Fuel Tank
New Fuel Tank Sending Unit
New Fuel Pump
Rebuilt Carb.
New Electronic Ignition Conversion
New Engine Wiring Harness For Electronic Ignition
New Carpet - (not yet installed)
Nice Used dash Pad - (not yet installed)

$18,500.00 - Louisville, KY

Serious Only Please..... No Trades Please.....to much to do now!

Delivery Available.

Attachments

• A 004.jpg
    A 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,464
  • A 007.jpg
    A 007.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,887
  • A 001.jpg
    A 001.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3,464
  • A 011.jpg
    A 011.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,539
  • A 121.jpg
    A 121.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,318
  • B 004.jpg
    B 004.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,359
  • A 030.jpg
    A 030.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,290
  • A 034.jpg
    A 034.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,307
what is that black patch on the passenger side quarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back