• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 roadrunner quarter window seals

tyel

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy some 71 rr quarter window seals

does the charger seals interchange

topcatwhiskers?

Mine need a little tweaking, but supposed to be the best.

wait...

Are you talking about the seal on the rear window that the front window seals against?

topcatwhiskers?

Mine need a little tweaking, but supposed to be the best.

wait...

Are you talking about the seal on the rear window that the front window seals against?
yes the seal between the windows

That would be the quarter glass seal. Most vendors will be selling the Metro VS 7-F which is used for the 71-74 B-Bodies excluding the Charger SE applications. I know that we sell them for $32.00, which should be line with most of the other vendors. Make sure that you specify the flocked variety. You will find some lesser quality pieces on the market which is not flocked.

That would be the quarter glass seal. Most vendors will be selling the Metro VS 7-F which is used for the 71-74 B-Bodies excluding the Charger SE applications. I know that we sell them for $32.00, which should be line with most of the other vendors. Make sure that you specify the flocked variety. You will find some lesser quality pieces on the market which is not flocked.
Hi Richard I never heard the term "flocked" before with parts.. I have a set here for my 71 Plymouth and wanted to know what that means as when I looked it up Urban dictionary gave me something CRAZY!! Thanks!

Flocking is quite prevalent on items like quarter glass and window felt extrusions. Starting in 1963, most of the Chrysler products used some form of the process. Flocking is a process of applying fine fibers to an adhesive coated piece of extrusion through a electro-statically charged medium. The end product is that the finished product is covered with thousands of small fibers that will in affect reduce friction and diffuse noise and moisture.

If the window felts or quarter glass seals are just a rubber sweeper, it acts as a squegge rubbing against the glass. The flocking allows the glass to move without being under added pressure as the small fibers will move as necessary and still seal as planned. Hopes that this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back