• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1971 Satellite 383 2bbl Tank vapor seperator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
I bought a gas tank that has 4 vents coming out of the driver side and apparently its either the wrong tank or I am missing the separator. I found a picture on these forums of what Im looking for. If anyone can tell me where to locate one repop or OE either way. Thanks for the info in advance. Upper part of this picture where the 4 rubber lines connect.

dsc01429r-jpg.jpg

There's also a 2 piece shield that covers the hoses and tank. I've never see the tank reproduced but try Moparmark, he has a lot of nice used stuff and is great to deal with.

its the right gas tank for your car
the vapor separator sits up inside the drivers side wheel well
look up in there and you will see the 4 points where the cover bolts on.

i do have a extra vapor separator and a cover for it if you are in need.
they do not repo any of it
there is also a smaller metal guard that goes over the hoses
i do not have that guard, they commonly rust away quickly and they are sort of very hard to find..
on most cars they are missing..

Correct. The pic you have is mid-72 and 73.
71 is a bigger tank up in the rear of the drivers side rear wheel well. Hit Fly up for his. I don't have one pulled right now.

Thanks guys.. I will look again just to make sure its not there. Then Hit Fly up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back