• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Charger Fender or 1973?

Samuel

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I found a fender that I need that's pretty close to me, but I can't tell if it's a 1972 or a 1973. It's listed as a 1973, but the other fender seems to be from a 1971. If you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
Charger fender 2.jpgCharger fender 3.jpgCharger fender 4.jpgCharger fender 5.jpgCharger fender 6.jpg

Attachments

• Charger fender 1 .jpg
    Charger fender 1 .jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 321
The pic of the whole car is a 71 . The fender by itself is a 72 or 73 . The difference in 72 and 73 is that the wheel arch is cut higher on a 73 . Hard to tell by just the pic .

The car could be a 72 with a 71 driver's fender.

Does the lower body line on the pass side fender line up with the lower line on the door?

Are the wheel arches and lower body lines the same between those two fenders?

That car is a 71 by VIN and has 2 71 fenders in the one pic.

As stated before difference between 72 and 73/74 is bottom style line and wheel arch

Measure from the top of the fender down to the arch on the 71 and other fender. If they are the same on both fenders then the pass is a 72.

ether way those fenders are getting hard to find 71 and 72 , at least around me.

Alright, thanks guys. It's not really worth me driving all that way just to measure it, it's still pretty far away. I've got a couple leads on something closer, though, but if I have to I'll go out there.

sorry this is an old thread and I'm floating it up, but was searching for reference images as samples and had to correct you...

the fender is ( or it was LOL ) 73/74.

Auto Transport Service
Back