• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Dodge Challenger @ Gateway Classic Cars

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Came with their latest newsletter
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/vehicle/STL/8969/1972-Dodge-Challenger

At first glance it does not look as butchered together or overpriced as most of their cars.
But i'm not an expert on these and their pricing so maybe i'm wrong.

8969a.jpg

8969dddd.jpg

8969mmmmm.jpg

8969pppppp.jpg

8969rrrrrr.jpg

They are asking 40k.

That vin looks pretty beat up and are those incorrect rivets???
Pretty common when people replaced dash pads. Some just did not bother to do a nice job or bother finding the correct rivets..

I cannot recall ever seeing a car advertised by Gateway that I liked. There was always something not quite right and they try to get a premium price.

Here is a nice '72 Challenger Rallye 340 that sold a couple of months ago on BaT for $34,500 USD.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-dodge-challenger-12/
1972_dodge_challenger_IMG_7657-1.jpg

Wrong engine color, wrong air breather, manual drum brakes, what else?

The underneath, exhaust, front suspension etc is pretty crusty - might be solid, but certainly needs some attention and doesn't match the tarted up exterior. Always make me wonder how well it's really been treated / stored.

Can't fault them for providing plenty of photos though.

I cannot recall ever seeing a car advertised by Gateway that I liked. There was always something not quite right and they try to get a premium price.
Kinda like Vanguard. Sometimes they have super nice cars, but the prices. I certainly would not pay 149K for a 69 non Hemi Charger.

That vin looks pretty beat up and are those incorrect rivets???
no pride in work,i think.
you can clearly see where they slipped trying to get the left side rivet out and gouged the vin tag and also bent it.
surprised they didnt take a minute to work it back into shape and clean up that gouge.
also,looking at the motor/gaskets and block,does it look like that was run Hot before?? ( to you fellas )

Originally B5 blue, I wonder why they repainted it white.
Maybe the owner was a Vanishing Point fan.

Auto Transport Service
Back