• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 dodge charger brake booster rebuild kit

Carlisle Trippy

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
My 1972 dodge charger brake booster has failed it is the pancake type with the access strap. The car is a front disc and rear drum. I tried to buy a new one through regular parts store's, everybody is out of stock..... SURPRISE!!!. So decided to rebuild it .cant find rebuild kit (for resonable price)found one today for 300.00 no thank you. Wanted to take to carlisle please help mopar gods.

Have you looked for a used one?

They rarely go bad.

My 1972 dodge charger brake booster has failed it is the pancake type with the access strap. The car is a front disc and rear drum. I tried to buy a new one through regular parts store's, everybody is out of stock..... SURPRISE!!!. So decided to rebuild it .cant find rebuild kit (for resonable price)found one today for 300.00 no thank you. Wanted to take to carlisle please help mopar gods.
Try googling rammaninc. Call him tomorrow. I am exactly in the position you are at this very moment . Decided for the meantime to go with the bendix set up,Until I can sort it all out. Right now have the midland ross booster, which failed. It's not exactly clear to me if both were available, or plant, or what. Very fuzzy as to what is correct. So, here I am. Might try a guy known as booster Dewey. He did one for me years ago, but I had the luxury of time then. Good luck.

Have you had any joy getting your booster repaired? I have the same type. It’s the Bakelite cylinder in mine that is cracked…

I had Booster Dewey rebuild the Midland Ross and plate it. Perfect. I thought reasonable cost for the service. They have options.
Have you had any joy getting your booster repaired? I have the same type. It’s the Bakelite cylinder in mine that is cracked…

Auto Transport Service
Back