• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 dodge dart fan question

Evan Frucht

Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
I've got a fixed fan on my 1964 fury, not sure if it's original. It has 6 blades. I'm trying to go to a clutch fan and a 7 blade fan.

There is a junkyard near me on there website it says they have a dodge dart 1972 four door it was hit in the rear. They have pics and I can see it has what appears to be a small block v8. In pics it looks pretty original and un messed with.

Can anyone tell me if this car would likely have a fixed fan or clutch fan, assuming it has not been replaced?

I'm hoping to go pull the fan off that junked dart, buy a new fan clutch, and then bolt it all onto my Poly 318. But if it very likely has a fixed fan I'll probabaly save my gas money and entry fee.

72 if it has factory air should have a clutch fan.Should be a 5 blade. You never know with Ma Mopar.

72 if it has factory air should have a clutch fan.Should be a 5 blade. You never know with Ma Mopar.
Ok so they would only have the clutch fan if it had factory air... good to know. They got a bunch of different cars at the yard. Some late 80s dodge, dakotas and such. Hopefully I can find a fan that will work.

Auto Transport Service
Back