• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1972 Duster 340 (Tribute) - Southeast, Michigan area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelvederePaul

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
$20,000 OBO
(I have always regretted selling my grandfather's 66 Belvedere II, so I will consider a trade on a 1966 Belvedere/Satellite or 1967 Belvedere/Satellite/GTX)

1972 Plymouth Duster
92,*** miles on rust-free body
(approximately) miles on engine

Located in a northwest suburb of Detroit, Michigan

i37602-jpg-1714918305-jpg.1715027527

Unfortunately time has come to think about selling my Duster. I put on less than 100 miles last year and with things going on in my life the car has become low priority. That being said I don't need to sell the car but will consider letting it go with the right caretaker.

For the nit-pickers it is not a 340 car, it started life with a 318. I call it a "tribute" and not a "clone" because I didn't follow what Chrysler's formula exactly...I picked some of the parts I liked best such as the hood scoop, seat covers that are from a later year and it was repainted an earlier paint scheme (but original Rally Red). Along with adding some other personal touches like the chin spoiler.

Opening up the hood and you will see performance...not factory...but something you could be proud of to show. I converted the car to a big bolt pattern, added front disk brakes and new Draglites...unlike the factory. People are always impressed with my attention to detail.

duster-engine-jpg-1715027514-jpg.1715027528

This car came from Colorado originally and is incredibly rust-free, so I would invited anyone with in driving distance to come look at the car. It wasn't a barn find, this car has always lead a sheltered and pampered life with the original owner being a school teacher. The under body has never been detailed, simply cleaned up when worked on, all the sheet metal is original to the car. When I bought it, it was in original paint but unfortunately the PO felt the need to spray bomb spots on the car trying to cover up all the door dings.

duster-interior-jpg-1715027515-jpg.1715027529

I am sure there is a lot I have left out, this is not a perfect car but a real fine example of a past era, a car that anyone would be proud to own, drive and show.

If you are interested...let's talk...
  • All original doors, fenders, quarter panels, floors, etc…cleaner than my wife’s 2012 Ford Focus
  • Only it's second paint job, painted a couple years ago original Rally Red color.
  • New decals, rocker molding and clips (I have the original chrome wheel trim and reproduction wheel trim - not currently installed)
  • New hood pins and side markers, Challenger Flip Out Gas Cap (with custom adapter), new locks (doors and trunk), new antenna, and wiper arms
  • New front chin spoiler
  • New front windshield, rear window glass, and rubber gaskets
  • Restored front Shark Tooth grill, and tail light lens
  • Restored stainless trim
ENGINE
  • 1969 340 engine rebuilt with less than 1200 miles
  • Easy 420 horsepower
  • New Edelbrock heads, intake manifold cylinder heads, carburetor
  • New windage tray, viscous fan package, valve covers, and oil pan
  • New radiator, belts, hoses, alternator, alternator brackets, battery, coil, Mopar Performance spark plug wires, positive battery cable and ignition module
  • New exhaust system, and stainless steel exhaust tips
  • Rebuilt power steering unit, new power steering hoses
  • Transmission has a new higher stall speed convertor with new reverse manual valve body
SUSPENSION
  • Complete new brake system, steel lines, calipers, master cylinder, etc…
  • New heavy-duty rear axles, lower front ball joints, heavy-duty torsion bar suspension, heavy-duty rear leaf springs, new KYB shocks
  • New 3.91 gears in a Sure-Grip rear diff
  • Complete new fuel system, new gas tank, steel lines, sending unit, rubber, gas tank
  • New 15" Draglite rims, lug nuts and BF Goodrich tires
INTERIOR
  • Re-chromed and repainted dash pieces
  • New Reproduction chrome console pieces (shifter area, ash tray door, glove box lid)
  • Dash and all interior metal pieces repainted
  • Rebuilt and detailed heater box
  • New inner door pulls, chrome Tuff wheel, interior rear view mirror
  • New rubber for brake pedal, accelerator pedal brake & accelerator pedal stainless trim
  • New trunk mat, and trunk weather strip (not installed yet)
  • New rear seat upholstery, carpeting, and door sills
  • New console carpet kit, chrome pieces, shift knob, and wood grain (currently working on installing)

duster-trunk-draglite-jpg.1715027609
I am sure there are things I left out...but this gives you an idea of the time and money spent on this fine example of a Plymouth Duster

Thanks for looking at this ad, and thanks to FBBO for providing the ad space!
Paul
  1. The copy above was copied and pasted from my photo garage on FABO...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showcase/1972-duster-340-tribute.9690/
    (click this link to FABO for a few more pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back