• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Road Runner Grille: What did Plymouth say?

Dibbons

Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Most everyone I see is a big fan of the '72 Road Runner grille. I was wondering what Chrysler/Plymouth had to say about it back then? Is anyone privy to literature, announcements, advertisements, promotions, commercials, or posters from back then that specifically promote/explain/praise the new style grille? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 4.39.45 PM.png

I never cared for it,just dosn't seem too fit the cars attitude.

It was definitely an excellent change from '71 with the basic Satellite grille with a different emblem or paint scheme. One of the best looking grilles Mopar ever made.
17886223-1972-plymouth-road-runner-std.jpg

I like the ‘72 grill. The corporate side marker lights... yuck.

I agree, I converted my '72 Satellite back to the '71 side markers (and matching '71 rear bumper) but slapped on the '72 RR grille. I lot of work involved, but made me a happy camper.

I agree, I converted my '72 Satellite back to the '71 side markers (and matching '71 rear bumper) but slapped on the '72 RR grille. I lot of work involved, but made me a happy camper.
I think I sold you the grille brackets..

Auto Transport Service
Back