• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1972 satellite trailer hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beechwood45789

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Most likely a long shot but before I fab one up does anyone have a hitch for my 72 satellite? I want to go full 70s and pull the choppers behind it down to river this summer.

Be aware that Dodge and Plymouth hitches are different due to bolt hole location on the bumper.

2 door or 4 door? I have this that I believe fits a 4 door.

IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG

Last edited:
The front drop is 26 1/2" wide, the holes are 25 1/8" on center.
Rear drop,(at the bumper), is 12 1/2" wide, the holes are 11 1/4" on center.

I held it up to the rear bumper of a 72 two door, and while it touches the bumper, the lower valance panel covers to much of the lower lip to be able to bolt to it. I believe the bottom edge of a four door bumper is more exposed. But it does present ideas for building one.

The front drop is 26 1/2" wide, the holes are 25 1/8" on center.
Rear drop,(at the bumper), is 12 1/2" wide, the holes are 11 1/4" on center.

I held it up to the rear bumper of a 72 two door, and while it touches the bumper, the lower valance panel covers to much of the lower lip to be able to bolt to it. I believe the bottom edge of a four door bumper is more exposed. But it does present ideas for building one.

Thanks so much for the measurements. That will give me a good head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back