• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1973/1974 Road Runner/Satellite Tail Light Housing w/wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Hogan

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a rear tail light housing with the sockets and wire harness for the restoration on my 1973 Road Runner. Surprised to find that although my lenses and bezels were in excellent shape the housing and the bulb socket on one side rusted to the point the brass of the bulb is basically one piece with the socket!
I am hoping to avoid pulling the sockets and using aftermarket units plugged into the housing and soldered in to the harness. But....has anyone done that with aftermarket sockets? Ans how did it turn out?

IMG_20230108_110052406.jpg

IMG_20230108_110144340.jpg

Which side do you need? Or are you looking for a pair?

Which side do you need? Or are you looking for a pair?
Ooops, forgot to put that it is the passenger side I need. For some reason the driver side bulbs came out easily, the lens gaskets were good on both sides.

Ooops, forgot to put that it is the passenger side I need. For some reason the driver side bulbs came out easily, the lens gaskets were good on both sides.
Ok. Let me see what I have as I did some digging and sold a pair to another member recently..I have a few nos assemblies but those will be pricey if I decide to sell..

Ok. Let me see what I have as I did some digging and sold a pair to another member recently..I have a few nos assemblies but those will be pricey if I decide to sell..
Thanks, I don't need NOS since I am just trying to do a nice street driven restoration!

Ever have a chance to see if you had a passenger side? Don't mean to be a pest!!

Ever have a chance to see if you had a passenger side? Don't mean to be a pest!!
Not a problem, I did find a couple of housings just have to see what side they are.. heading out now for the evening but I can post pics tomorrow as I am off cause of some rain..

Not a problem, I did find a couple of housings just have to see what side they are.. heading out now for the evening but I can post pics tomorrow as I am off cause of some rain..
Thanks so much! Out here is eastern Colorado we are in the middle of a blizzard with both main roads from Denver to the area where we live closed! Everyone out here in our area hopefully made it home today.

Thanks, if QuickBpBp doesn't have a chance to find his, how much would you want for a passenger side with shipping to 80105? Thanks!
Hi John, I found one passenger housing but it was split in the plastic. Other than that I only found pairs of complete used taillight assemblies which I would rather not split up. Good thing is while looking found a ton of nice parts boxed away I forgot I had!! I did find an nos housing but someone cut the wires off about 6 inches from the housing..Sorry I can not help at this time..

B38376E4-F442-48D4-8965-EE85572251C8.jpeg

506D5FC4-BB35-42AF-94E1-D99F288051B2.jpeg

Hi John, I found one passenger housing but it was split in the plastic. Other than that I only found pairs of complete used taillight assemblies which I would rather not split up. Good thing is while looking found a ton of nice parts boxed away I forgot I had!! I did find an nos housing but someone cut the wires off about 6 inches from the housing..Sorry I can not help at this time..

View attachment 1404538

View attachment 1404539
Thanks for looking! At least you found some forgotten gems !! Maybe 72 BLUE 400 will find one. In case he strikes out how much for the one with the snipped wires? Splicing the wiring sure wouldn't look stock or pretty but it would solve my problem of unusable sockets. Shipping to 80105.

Have two with good wiring,one has the mounting screws snapped off in the retainers and a lense that had 2 screws stripped holding it in,the one has a piece missing on the edge

View attachment 1404680

View attachment 1404681

View attachment 1404682

View attachment 1404683

View attachment 1404684

View attachment 1404685

View attachment 1404686

View attachment 1404687

View attachment 1404688
Both my lenses are in great shape. Since I am just doing a driver restoration how much would you need for the one with the section cracked out? I can see the backup socket looks good so I assume the other socket is good as well. Shipping zip code 80105.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back