• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger Fender Tag Decode

Kevlisa

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
I'm taking a look at a 1973 Charger...I'm having trouble decoding the fender tag. A few codes aren't adding up when I enter the info into some websites. Can anyone help me out? Also, it has V7W, white accent stripe. What does that look like on a '73? Thanks...

IMG_4210.jpg

G11-tinted windows
G37-left remote and right manual mirrors
V1X-black vinyl roof
H51-AC
V7W-white longitudinal stripe
TX9- black body color
E6X9-black vinyl bucket seats
TX9-black upper door frame paint
418? Can’t read
E63-400ci 2bbl
D34-standard duty auto trans
WP29-Dodge premium 2 door hardtop
P3A? Can’t read

Looking at it again, it looks like the engine code is E68, not E63. That means a 400ci 4 bbl HP. The P3A, if I am reading it correctly would mean
P-400ci 4 bbl HP
3-1973
A-Lynch Road

V7W is the pin stripe. SEs didn't get rallye stripes on 73.

NEP1685382.jpg

Aside there wasn't white rallye stripe from factory, just solid black and red/yellow reflective for 73.

It's not a single stripe but a double stripe, one thick and one thin which meets in front, but couldn't find a nice close up view for it

Last edited:
Triple black 400 4 barrel car with bucket seats.

NICE.

Thanks for the help. My confusion came from my old eyesight...I was reading the engine code as E63 (400 2bbl) but the 5th VIN digit is P, 400 4bbl. My son cleared it up for me, he told me to zoom in on the fender tag and I saw that the engine code is E68, 400 4bbl. The pinstripe picture answers my stripe question. Thanks again.

Auto Transport Service
Back