• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger radiator

Doug Larsson

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to replace or fix my existing radiator it just depends on how much they charge me to fix the top seam. My question is almost all the oem or aluminum ones show dimensions that don't seem to jive with what I'm measuring on my car here's a crude drawing lol. If any of you can help me out I'd appreciate it. And what about the stock shroud I want to keep that I don't want to go to electric fans.
Thank you
Doug Larsson

IMG_1466.JPG

Type in “1973 Charger se radiator” in the search bar, first thread there’s a member talking about the what you are looking for. Can’t figure out how to attach that thread to yours. Hope that helps

I've always used bob at glen-ray radiators. He's the best. He's not the cheapest but maybe he can quote you on the work you want done.

What are the numbers stamped on top of the radiator? If its like mine, and a 28" radiator, they are hard to come by. Here is the number that were on top of mine. The part number was 3673028, indicating a 28" size. I had Glenn Ray rebuild mine.
20140318_112623.jpg

Send a pm to cold case. They are a sponsor of fbbo, and want to work with the forum members on fitment, etc.

What are the numbers stamped on top of the radiator? If its like mine, and a 28" radiator, they are hard to come by. Here is the number that were on top of mine. The part number was 3673028, indicating a 28" size. I had Glenn Ray rebuild mine.
View attachment 575787
My part # is no where on the top of mine but I know my part #.

Correct I do want to try and save mine but that link to the ebay one that's awfully cheap for a radiator wow. When there that cheap you have to question the quality and performance of it don't you. The cold case one's intrigue me just because they look just like the stock ones but in aluminum pretty cool.

Send a pm to cold case. They are a sponsor of fbbo, and want to work with the forum members on fitment, etc.
Here's there email I'm not going to change my plumbing to use there radiator that's ridiculous .
Hello,

Sorry but it doesn't look like we do. We don't have any Mopar radiators with both passenger side outlets.
If you can change the plumbing, we can probably help.

Must not be an original Chrysler radiator, likely aftermarket if no part number or Chrysler stamp.
I was able to pull the radiator tonight and didn't find any numbers except 3 numbers that said 505 which I have know idea what there for. So you are right its not and original plus it looks like on another part of the same seam they used epoxy or some thing it just doesn't look right . I'm going to take it to a radiator repair place and see how much it will cost if its more than $200.00 I'll just by and aluminium one I guess.

That's a bummer. I would say, just get a new one if that's the case!

Too bad you are not closer, I have an aftermarket 28 inch in my basement that I got originally, and didn't like the look of it, its too skinny, but I would sell it cheap!

Doug, where are you located ? I replaced my 73 se 400 cu in Charger radiator for an aluminum a few years ago. I'm not needing it any more. It's in very good condition & would sell cheap. I'm located in mid north Indiana. I can get pictures if needed. Thanks

Doug, where are you located ? I replaced my 73 se 400 cu in Charger radiator for an aluminum a few years ago. I'm not needing it any more. It's in very good condition & would sell cheap. I'm located in mid north Indiana. I can get pictures if needed. Thanks
Thanks I appreciate it but I'm in Washington State I went to my friends place that does radiator repair and he said were looking at minimum $200.00 he said he can get me at his cost a TSM radiator(Brass kind ) with shipping it's about $357.00. I can get a aluminum one way cheaper I just have to fine one that will use my stock shroud. I'm still deciding what to do on another note I come back to Indiana every year in July for Indiana Sprint Week it's non wing sprint cars on dirt they race 7 races in 10 days. I've spent quite a bit on the Charger this year so I won't be making it back this year but love your state.

Well I made a decision and purchased a Champion Radiator thru a company in Oregon so hopefully I get it soon I want to drive my car lol.

I hope the new radiator works out. My new radiator is a Champion too & I've been happy with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back