• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger, rebuilding the suspension

Paul_G

Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
The 73 and later B body's have an isolated suspension. This gives a much nicer ride then pre 73's had. I have to rebuild the suspension on my 73, all the bushings are shot.

I am thinking to use poly bushings on the control arms and stabilizer bars for a better control. Use stock rubber bushings on the K frame to body, the torsion bar mount cross member to body, and the rear axle to spring mounts to maintain the nicer ride quality.

Anyone done this?

No. Unless you swap to urethane or cast iron (like OEM) body to subframe mounts you will be wasting money if you want improved handling.
Mike

Energy suspension all the way ,don't bother with the stock crap the car is a a good enough ride it needs handleing help more!

Definitely go with Poly or solid mounts on the K member and torsion mount. I would also remove the isolators on the rear springs, pretty easy to do. Poly bushings on the front end too.

Keeping the rubber K-member mounts will work against the tighter suspension parts. It's a choice. Handling and driving nice, or floating down the road.

Auto Transport Service
Back