• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger SE production numbers

j-miller

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
I was going through some past threads today and stumbled upon one about a member asking about production numbers for his '73 Charger that is a Ralley car that has a 400 and 4 speed in it. Someone did get the numbers for him and it was a pretty low production number.
Well this got me interested too with my car,and want to find out about it's production numbers as well. My car is a '73 Charger SE with factory 400,4 speed.
So far I haven't seen any '73 Charger SE's at any shows that I been to that has this option,most seem to be automatics. Any help will be appreciated.
Here's a picture of my fender tag.

I don't have a Galen Govier white book for that year yet but will get one in the future.

IMG_3465.jpg

Thanks for the info m38jeepman. That's a pretty low production number and would be less now on how many cars are still around like my car. It will be a nice car when done,but too bad someone took out the original motor and trans for the car.

I would think an SE with a 4-speed would be pretty rare.Is it a Rallye car,it would have A57 on the build sheet if so.I have a '74 Rallye Charger,not an SE model that is a factory 318 4-speed.It is not coded on the tag as a Rallye,only on the build sheet.This seems to vary with the manufacturing plant that built the cars.M38,where did you find production numbers?I'd be interested in mine.
RT

No,my car is a non-rallye car,just an SE. The only difference I know of is the SE has the opera style covers over the quarter windows (see pic of my '73 Charger project).
I did have a build sheet for my car,it was stuck to the drivers side floor pan under the carpet and was pretty bad shape. Parts of it may still be stuck there yet.

As far as the production numbers on your car, post your vin number or even post a pic of the fender tag and someone here can help out.

IMG_0575.jpg

Here is a breakdown on the vin tag....

WP29:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Premium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

P3A: 400 260HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Lynch Road, MI, USA

xxxxxx: Sequence number

E68: 400-4-hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
GB5: Bright Blue Poly Exterior Color