• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Plymouth RR torsion bar adjuster replacement

BrettD

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
This is my first time on here so bear with me if i am in the wrong spot.
I have a 1973 Plymouth RR that had the the torsion bar adjuster nut snapped off before i bought it. I unloaded the suspension and cut it free. The replacement item i bought from year one does not fit. i bought

Part Number: 52360 QA1 torsion bar adjusters for 1962-74 Mopar models.

Can some one tell me the part number that i need? The new one is to narrow by about 1/8th of an inch.
RR torsion bar bolt.jpg
RR torsion bar bolt2.jpg

Can't help with repro part numbers but I bet someone on here has an OEM one they'd sell.

Another case of a company selling parts that aren't right for a 1973 B body. PST, who is a sponsor here, is the only company that has the correct size. Their's fit 73-79 B body. I bought them for my 74 Charger and they fit.
Part # TORADJ-C
Specs Bolt - 9/16" bolt with 3/4" head with overall length of 3 5/8" (excludes head) Block - 2 1/4" long, 1 1/4" wide, 3/4" thick with 1 1/8" hole on center
Look them up in the vendor section. They offer 10% off if you spend over $200.

What many don't realize is the hard line between 72 and 73 suspensions. 73 and up were rubber iso syle and are different than the earlier style. PST is good, as is Firm Feel, but be careful of anyone who says these cars use the same suspension parts as the earlier ones.

Mark

Another case of a company selling parts that aren't right for a 1973 B body. PST, who is a sponsor here, is the only company that has the correct size. Their's fit 73-79 B body. I bought them for my 74 Charger and they fit.
Part # TORADJ-C
Specs Bolt - 9/16" bolt with 3/4" head with overall length of 3 5/8" (excludes head) Block - 2 1/4" long, 1 1/4" wide, 3/4" thick with 1 1/8" hole on center
Look them up in the vendor section. They offer 10% off if you spend over $200.
thank you very much!

What many don't realize is the hard line between 72 and 73 suspensions. 73 and up were rubber iso syle and are different than the earlier style. PST is good, as is Firm Feel, but be careful of anyone who says these cars use the same suspension parts as the earlier ones.

Mark
thank you. This is very helpful

We do offer the correct adjusters if you still need them.

Thanks
James From
PST

We do offer the correct adjusters if you still need them.

Thanks
James From
PST
thank you i ordered them from you.
i also just realized that the ubolts that i ordered from the same company are wrong as well!
do you have the correct ones for a 1973 Plymouth road runner b body?

I searched everywhere and couldn't find correct 8" Ubolts for my 74. You can get the correct length at Mancini Racing or ESPO (Springs 'n Things) but they won't have the flattened top with the crosshatch. What length did you get? I'm curious if the 7 1/8" Ubolts would work. What axle housing do you have?

Auto Transport Service
Back