• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1973 Plymouth Satellite for sale - Charlotte, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdillinger

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys,

It's with no small amount of regret that I list my 1973 Plymouth Satellite for sale. I inherited this car from my dad when he passed away in 2010. At first, it was a rust-free Southern body / engine / frame and a pile of interior parts that he had collected over time to restore the car. He never got that chance, so it fell to me. I put the black interior in (fender tag calls for white with red/black houndstooth inserts, but Dad obviously preferred black since that is what he bought), painted the car (a good 10 footer, not show quality) and started to shake her down, with various levels of success at first.

The original transmission has been replaced (I still have it, but it needs to be rebuilt) and the new one has a manual valve body and a 3,000 rpm stall converter, which is overkill for a 150 hp 318. This isn't what I wanted, preferring stock, but I couldn't find a good transmission that would work for me. I'm still having issues, namely that I believe the TC is draining and not refilling itself until you really get on the gas. Part of it could be the torque converter itself, but I'm not really sure.

I've redone the brakes all around, wheel bearings, new u-joints, new shock absorbers, new rebuilt 2-barrel on the 318, new alternator, new battery. All the lights work as they are supposed to. Drives good when you get the car to go into gear. Stops good. One new tire (had a blowout) but could use new rubber. Steel wheels, chrome lug nuts have been put on since the pics were taken.

This is an AC car, but missing some of the parts to make it work, namely one of the compressor hoses. Blower fan runs strong. Heater valve is toast and has been bypassed, but the heater core appeared to be good. The blower motor runs good. Has a weeping radiator leak that a neighbor "repaired" for me and has since started leaking again. Its in the top tank.

Being a young guy, I simply don't have the time and dough to keep everything going. While this one means a lot to me because it belonged to Dad, I need to let go so I can focus on cars that fit my interests better. This was supposed to be a twin to his first new car that was sold back when he went to college. I don't have the skills or money to finish this like it I would like it to be finished to honor him. Hopefully somebody can take this on and produce something great with it.

First $7,000 OBO takes it. If that isn't fair, please let me know. Clean Michigan title in my name. Car is located in my barn in Charlotte, MI. More pics available upon request, just let me know what you'd like to see.

enjoy the ride.jpghood.jpginterior.jpgrear quarter.jpgsat 1.jpgsatellite.jpgside.jpgtrunk.jpgunder hood.jpgpre paint.jpg

How about $6,500?

I drove the car this weekend and it went into gear just fine. The 'not going into gear' problem seems to be sporadic, but I wanted to be 100% honest about the various issues.

I will get the radiator weeping leak fixed before the sale. Again, just wanted to disclose everything I know about.

Final price drop to $5,000. If I can't get that for the car, I'll try to figure out a way to keep it. Thanks for looking.

Looks like I missed something here. Make me an offer, I won't be offended. I need the space and it seems unfair to have this car sitting around unloved.

Some additional pics (more interior with the spare uncut dash bezel, solid underside) and a video of the car running.

IMAG0018.jpgIMAG0019.jpgIMAG0022.jpg

[video=youtube;CjlxKKARotQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjlxKKARotQ[/video]

I am not sure what is up with this car. I have been sending some PM's trying to buy this car since last year. I cant get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back