• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Plymouth Satellite/RR Stripes

SWAVE0424

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1973 Satellite that the owner previous to the one I got it from had put stripes on that resemble the Roadrunner strobe stripes. But, these stripes do not have the Roadrunner incorporated into them, they are just solid black where the bird and word Roadrunner would be. I am repainting the car and want to put these stripes back on. I can not find a kit without the Roadrunner. Anyone know where I can find this? Thanks.

69B6BACF-0FBA-435D-9758-B136CC3DFF2B.jpeg

I'm interested as well, but I don't see an option in the link posted to delete the bird.

Also my car is white with an F6 green int, and I'd LOVE an F4 stripe kit.

I'm interested as well, but I don't see an option in the link posted to delete the bird.

Yeah... they make a LOT of repros with the Roadrunner name and bird, but none or very little without it. Believe me, I looked.

Sorry, I thought you wanted it WITH the bird LOL.

Couple of options more could be call them and ask for a custom stripe without them... or performance car graphics.

Or get those and ask a local graphic designer shop to scan and make them without the bird, then sell the set you got as sample

Last edited:
I have a 1973 Satellite that the owner previous to the one I got it from had put stripes on that resemble the Roadrunner strobe stripes. But, these stripes do not have the Roadrunner incorporated into them, they are just solid black where the bird and word Roadrunner would be. I am repainting the car and want to put these stripes back on. I can not find a kit without the Roadrunner. Anyone know where I can find this? Thanks.

View attachment 653122
I have a 74 Satellite and the previous owner painted and put the RR sticker on, The bird that was on the decal i just peeled off ( it was stuck on top of the decal), the words Road Runner still remain though.

IMG_1094.JPG

Either call Phoenix Graphix and ask, or post up a question in their sponsor page here on this forum, they are a sponsor and a great bunch of folks to deal with, they just may be the ones to produce these with out the bird, maybe they can put satellite wording on instead of roadrunner and leave off the bird emblem, its just a sticker that's added in!!!

Every car with them painted on I have seen, the painter gets them completely wrong, and it detracts from the car appearance, so see if you can get these guys to make you a custom set!

I’m going to have them painted on, I’m confident they’ll get it right. There are other elements that will need to be painted on since this will be a tribute car, so I might as well have them paint everything. Thanks for the replies though.

Auto Transport Service
Back